Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

If you have a cold does working out make it worse?

Favorite Answer

Working out doesn't make the cold itself any worse because the common cold is viral, not infectious. However, it can leave you "winded" persay, especially if you've developed a chest cold where fluids tend to settle in the lungs until expelled by a cough. As well, as your body's natural immune system is fighting the common cold virus, your white blood cells are being depleted and reproducing constantly which tends to leave you feeling a bit "slackish". Exorcise tends to give a person additional energy, that is, if there body is already accustomed to a daily exorcise routine.

Depending on sick you actually are

I find that if I work when I just have the sniffles, not a full blown bed ridden fever halicinating cold, working out make me feel much better and clears up my sinuses

You'd better rest for a some days. Healthy food, vitamins, plenty of liquids (water, jjuices, tea, not ice cold or too hot). No alcohol. Take a pill if you have fever and contact your doctor. Take care and get well soon! :)

I should think so. If you have a cold you need to rest and save your energy, not go all out and spend it.

• Yes, you may feel more fatigued and depending on your level of pain, that may turn you into a big baby..... You could feel better, but you could feel a lot worse. It depends on your body.

• Yes it can be worse, as you add more stress to your body, as the infection is a stress factor it self.

u get weeker or atleast most of da energy that was goin 2 defeat da virus will be in ur muscles, so its not 2 healthy.

My nose runs more, but overall it makes me feel better. I don't do it if I'm having trouble breathing though, it just aggravates it.

yes

Source(s): from health mags

NO it helps me forget it. and that is my cure for myself.