What will take out stains from a plastic bowl, left by spaghetti sauce?

• Cyndee
    Favorite Answer

Are you talking about stains from heating the spaghetti in the microwave?

Unfortunately nothing will take those stains out. It's the acid in the tomatos that cause the stains to become permanent. Anything with a tomato base, such as Chili should not be put in the microwave in a plastic bowl. Always use glass.

If it's not from a microwave, a little bleach will take care of it.

Every once in a while my husband will sneak plastic in the microwave and it ruins my bowl.

Have A Good Day!

after cleaning it thorougly, place it in a sunny spot and leave it out in the sun for a couple of hours. The sun should bleach away a great deal. Other then that, I`d blöeach it as well and cleans it very thoroughly afterwards. Maybe if you would spray-oil the bowl before putting in the sauce, it won't dye like this anymore?

you have to clean it right away. Do not let the spaghetti sit in the bowl. Try lining the bowl with foil or saren wrap if you have leftovers.

Try scrubbing it with baking soda. Next time spray your bowl with pan spray before putting tomato products into it.

repeated washing in really hot water and washing liquid, it goes eventually. My girl says a paste of baking soda and water left on for a couple of hours.

Try bleach, that seems to work for everything. I know it sounds weird putting bleach on something you eat out of, but just wash it real well afterwards.