What would you think if you found your 40-year-old dad in a mosh pit?

Would you tell him to get himself home and act like an adult?

Favorite Answer

Cool. Parents are people too.

I'm 39. I'll be 40 in November.

I was there when the first mosh pits were formed back in the '80s.

The biggest pit I ever saw was at an Anthrax show in 1990 or so - it was in a college gym and the entire gym floor was one huge mosh pit.

I've moshed to everything from Slayer to the Beastie Boys.

So, now you're telling me I can't do this anymore because I'm too old? Why should I stop? Because you said so?

I think not. I've been moshing longer than you've been alive, and I've enjoyed every bit of it. I know all the tricks, and I know when to have fun and when to help someone out who needs it. Everyone in the pit is there to have a good time, and I don't think it's anyone's job - especially yours- to tell anyone they are too old to mosh.

So - go mosh with your Dad. It'd be cool.

Haha! That's funny! But of course not! If your dad is doing something that he thinks is fun, why ruin that? He was probably pretty cool in his day! It doesn't take only young people to like a good pit! Let's face it. Sometimes we all need to act a little bit younger than we are. ^_^

Wait til you get 40-50-60. Your body ages, but most the time you still think young. Let him enjoy! He could be a grumpy old dad who sits if front of the tv drinking beer all day!

• ?

Moshing can be fun. Good for him.

I went to one concert where it got a little too crazy and people would throw knives into the air into a crowd of people.

I had to get out, that's just stupid

lmao

i am 41..

a little old now, for the pit....

but i still enjoy the music that originated it...{i was there!!}

i think, ...i would think, my dad...was the coolest dude in the pit.......

{and some of the guys, still rockin' are old enough to be OUR parents!!}

We were pretty cool in the day ya know...

you should take him out more often!!

nooooooo...just cause he's your dad doesn't mean he can't have fun too..(u do know parents were once young too u know)I don't see anything wrong with it....my parents are grandparents now and they can still boogy and i wouldn't dream of ruining there fun....sounds like U need to lighten up and learn to have fun(like your dad does)..He's a grown man and your his child so No i don't think u need to be telling him what to do!!!!!Just worry about yourself....and let him have his fun!!!Moshing's fun dude!!!

• will

Sounds like a cool dad.

nah, let him have fun. that's pretty cool of him and being 40 isn't really that old. I'm 34 and my fiance is 44 and he is very young and hip in mind and body. my twin 15 yr olds think that hes the coolest and they love to hang with both of us with their friends. they even get mad if we don't hang with them.

joion him and go mosh up some 15 year old poser punks and knock their teeth out.

4 Real then u and u'r dad can do something together....... I would love it!! thats only if i went to mosh pits..... lol