will i be cheating?

i have a boy friend since 2 years... another boy from school asked me to go out to drink sth... i know he likes me... if i go out with him will i be cheating my boyfriend?

Favorite Answer

yes

No, not technically will you be cheating. But I don't think that it is wise to put your in a situation where you may be faced with the choice of cheating. You know the other guy likes you and you know that drinks can lead you to do something you wouldn't do normally. I just think that if you don't want to take the risk that something could happen you shouldn't do it. Plus if you really care about your current boyfriend you shouldn't want to even think of engaging in any activity that might cause trouble in your current relationship.

However, having drinks or hanging out with another guy is not cheating, just may not be the smartest thing to do when you know that romantic feelings are involved.

In some ways yes, if your boyfriend does not know about this casual meeting between the two of you. Not all guys like the fact that their girl is out with another guy, friend or not, and drinking at that. Too many things creep into their heads but again it depends on the guy.

Not physical cheating but maybe emotional cheating. There is nothing wrong with a drink with a friend but with someone who likes you is a whole different story. It's all in the eye of the beholder. I say do it, what your boyfriend doesn't know won't hurt him!!!!

• Kerry

It's obvious from your question that you aren't telling your boyfriend about this encounter, and it's a bit shady considering the sneaking, and knowing this dude likes you. It's not cheating, however, it's lying and it's sneaky. I'd advise you not to do it, but then, you didn't ask that did you?

OMG YES!!! don't go drinking with some dork when u got a loyal bf. if this guys knows u got a bf tell him he is a jerk and he needs to back off!

only if something more than a drink happens..as long as the other guy knows its just as friends cause u have a bf its fine

The question to ask yourself is do you intend to cheat with this guy? And depending on your bf will he mind?

not if you dont have sex with the other guy!!! and dont kiss him eighter!!! if you dont want a relationship with him, just to be his friend the proper thing to do is invite your guy to join!!! if he denies the invitation then at least you let him know that someone else is interested and where you will be!

Well if just for drink no u'r not cheating..but if I were u I'll never do that!

How would your boyfriend feel? would you tell him? if you are uncomfortable with it and you know your b/f woud be upset then it is cheating. Ask your boyfriend how he would feel.