Can you get an STD from Kissing? If So which one?

I was just wondering. And I am really worried for my friend because she kisses like everybody and i dont want her to get anything.

Favorite Answer

Well you could get Herpes Simplex-1, which comes in the form of cold sores. Also very rare but if someone happened to transmit or get HPV or Herpes Simplex- 2 of the mouth, (which is very rare), they could give it to someone by kissing. Not just that your friend has to worry about things such as Mono, spinal meningitis, kissing is fun and normal, but it shouldn't just be done to everyone. She should be careful, and be picky about who she is getting close to and kissing, same goes for drinking after people, Mono, and spinal meningitis can be transmitted through drinking also!! Good Luck!

• This answer is not medical advice. I do not think you can get a "STD", but you can get herpes of the mouth (cold sores), you can obviously get like the flu or a cold from kissing, You may be able to get one form of hepatitis. I know that you can get something called "mono" which makes you feel bad.

Source(s): angelfire.com/planet/laborer

You can get herpes from kissing I believe, if the person carrying the STD has a cold sore on their mouth.

I think the only one you could get was if they ended up with herpes on their mouth. which you'd hopefully notice and not kiss them o-O

You can get herpes

Neither YES or NO!