I'm typing in MS Word, and suddenly my current typing keeps replaceing my old typing instead of adding to it

WHAT'S UP WITH THIS?

• ddesa
    Favorite Answer

make sure that you didn't press 'insert' on your keyboard. You can tell if the the letters "OVR" are displayed at the bottom of your word proccessor.

On the Status Bar at the bottom you will see the word OVR in black rather than grey. Click once on it to turn it off.

You probably hit the Ins[ert] key on your keyboard by mistake. That also toggles Insert/Overtype on and off.

HIT the Insert key.

Source(s): ME

I think i know whats wrooong, if I really understood you correctly then by pressing a key that says insert will solve this problem... or try supreme.. dony really remeber correctly

• Jolly1

You've inadvertanly hit the Insert key.

I think you have the insert function stuck on, there should be an Ins button on your keyboard to get rid of this.

Press insert key once and check, your problem will solve 100%.

press insert again

its on the key board

hope it works

• Jasna

Turn off Insert button, you probably pressed it by accident, it happens to me sometimes...

• Jason

INSERT BUTTON does wonders ya know :)