who is the best player in world cup 2006 semi-final?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, which semifinal match are you referring to? Either of them? If I had to pick just a single player from either of the two matches, my pick would actually be... Christiano Ronaldo!

Zidane did okay in the France vs. Portugal match, but aside from his penalty kick conversion, he wasn't all that spectacular. Zidane's best performance in the tournament was during the "Round of 16" match against Spain, where France routed the Spaniards 3 - 0.

As for the Germany vs. Italy match, the Italian keeper Buffon did make a couple of good saves, but Germany's best scoring chances were actually shots that went wide of goal. Additionally, Germany didn't seem nearly as dominant going forward and attacking against the Italians as they were against other opponents during this tournament. So I don't think Buffon should be given too much praise for a rather "typical day at the office."

Now returning to the Portugal vs. France match, it was actually Christiano Ronaldo who seemed like the most active player on the field, especially after Portugal went down 1 - 0 thanks to Zidane's successful penalty kick. He was trying the hardest to get that equalizer for his side, even outshining his captain Luis Figo (a terrific player in his own right). Ronaldo even took a hard tripping tackle in the second half inside the 18-yard box for which the referee should've probably awarded a penalty. But alas, it was not to be, and France in light of their PK goal from their great captain advanced to the final. Still though, I sincerely believe that it was Ronaldo who put in the best overall performance during that match.

• 1 decade ago

I agree with Buffon, I don't think that there is another goalkeeper on this world that would have saved Podolki's shot on overtime. In my eyes Kehl was the best German player in the semi-finals.

• 1 decade ago

Fabio Grosso and Alessandro del Piero from italy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi,

I think he is Cannavaro and then Buffon or vice versa.

Cannavaro did an amazing world cup!

Karl

http://www.freewebs.com/smithkarl/OurBlogs.htm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Buffon... he's goalkeeping was simply amazing.. and he made many crucial saves!

• 1 decade ago

miroslav klose-he saved germany from argentina by his goal

• 1 decade ago

fernando torres & cristiano ronaldo

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

podolski,klose,schweinsteiger,c ronaldo

• 1 decade ago

bastion schweinsteiger (however you spell it)

• zidane! he's the best

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.