Once Again, Do You Believe GOD Approve Of Such Depravity And Filth?

Exodus 21

7"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. 8If she does not please her master, who has designated her[a] for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has broken faith with her. 9If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. 10If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights. 11And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money.

How Many Times Do You Think I Should Be Posting This?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Well if the bible has a set of rules for selling daughters as slaves, then I guess it's okay

(for those who believe the bible as God's word)

come on guys, this guy have a point, this verse is in the "Holy" book of yours, he just wanted an explanation that's all.

• 1 decade ago

From this passage, as well as other similar ones, it plainly appears how many vices were of necessity tolerated in this people. It was altogether an act of barbarism that fathers should sell their children for the relief of their poverty, still it could not be corrected as might have been hoped. Again, the sanctity of the marriage-vow should have been greater than that it should be allowable for a master to repudiate his bond-maid, after he had betrothed her to himself as his wife; or, when he had betrothed her to his son, to make void that covenant, which is inviolable: for that principle ought ever to hold good -- "Those whom God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." (Matthew 19:6; Mark 10:9.) Yet liberty was accorded to the ancient people in all these particulars; only provision is here made that the poor girls should not suffer infamy and injury from their repudiation. But, although God is gracious in remitting the punishment, still He shows that chastity is pleasing to Him, as far as the people's hardness of heart permitted. First of all, He does not allow a master to seduce his purchased maid-servant, but if he wishes to enjoy her embraces, a marriage must take place; for although He does not set this out in express terms, still we may infer from what He condemns, that the contrary is what He approves. From whence, too, their notion is refuted who suppose that fornication was lawful under the Law. But the words must be more closely examined on account of their ambiguity. First, the sex is treated with consideration, that the condition of a female may be somewhat more favorable than that of a male; since, otherwise, their weakness would render young women subject to injury and shame. Now in How Many Times Do I Think YOU Should Be Posting This? You can stop now...............

• 1 decade ago

I would say you are already at least once over the limit. You provide a quote without a reason for it or at least any backing that gives a reason. If you want to be taken at all seriously try saying the WHY as well as the WHAT. Otherwise you are just electronically babbling.

• XYZ
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

In reference to your last question, I think it's quite enough now.

But hey, when you're bashing Christianity, you're a team player. So carry on if you want.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

God doesn't exist, so what is your point? How can a non-existent entity approve or disapprove of anything?

http://godisimaginary.com/

• 1 decade ago

never read into any one thing too much as to derive more thought than necessary just to believe

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.