a staff sergent in the army is better than a university graduate when it comes to picking a president, discuss

i just woonder what a sergent will offer when it comes ruling or govern a whole nation

3 Answers

Relevance
  • chris
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nowadays a college degree is getting to be worth less and less. Staff Sgts. have good leadership skills and the mental focus to get things done.

• 1 decade ago

If the arguement is centered around the fact that the grad is better qualified, then you need to look at the amount of people leaving the military with higher education qualifications.

A Staff Sgt is the man on the ground, whatever a president decides, it has a direct effect on him and the people around him.

He has experienced life, a grad may have no concept of what life is all about.

Not wanting to stir or cause offence to anyone but Hilter was a corporal in WWI, yet went on to be a possible world leader.

• cobra
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I'd go for the staff sergeant because it has to be part of his/her job to know what makes people tick, their strengths and weaknesses, moral character e.t.c. But I think when you get high up in politics personal corruption is unavoidable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.