If I am in a commited relationship, should I give up my adult magazines and DVDs?

I love my girlfriend, but does this mean I have to throw out my porn?

Favorite Answer

I think you should. Women ususally don't respond well to having boyfriends who watches porn. If she ever finds out, it just means that you don't find her attractive at all and you have to turn to porn.

I guess your girlfriend has told you to throw away your porn then! Do what you feel is right for the two of you, but if it gets to be an issue you need to talk about your relationship 'cos there may be a problem. My partner of 10 years occasionally looks at dvd's and the odd mag but they are in OUR bedroom and we look together. That's the key, do stuff together.

if it's too early in the relationship, unless you know that she doesnt mind porn, you might want to mention it when you're stable. if your relationship is stable though, it might be time you talked to her abt it. if she likes porn too, well, that's icing on the cake.

just a note tho, porn sometimes create unrealistic expectations in your sex life. eg fellatio and cunninglingus is fairly standard, but i'm not certain many girls will like anal sex on the first try like you see in many porn flicks so that's a drawback. and um. not many guys can be doing it for abt 10 mins without getting an orgasm :)

on the other hand, if you have great sex, what the h#ll do you need porn for?

p/s if you decide to throw out your current collection and then you lose your gf, you can always get more porn later... lol

NO! Porn is healthy! Don't be ashamed; show it to her. But you must have confidence and present it as something to be shared between you. Magazines are for single men. Give them to your friend, then they'll still be there. Porn is for couples, you can learn from it, and your DVDs will get her hot when she's not. Don't give in, man! Your ugly chair? It's gone! Every thing you love as a man? GONE! At least introduce her to the ONE thing that she will enjoy!

i'm a guy and that i believe you thoroughly. I value love a procedures better than I do lust. Do issues together as acquaintances, then artwork on a romantic relationship. Do you delight in an similar meals, pastimes, live performance activities, music and theater? It takes attempt and time to ascertain in case you fit or no longer. in my view, i love the wonderment and anticipation of a plausible romantic relationship.

I threw out my stuff for a woman, and now she's gone. The thing is, my stuff would have still been around. Women come and go, but Porn is forever.

• jac

NO introduce them into the relationship , you shouldn't have to change what you like cause your in a relationship <however give up the other girl friend

Why should you throw it out? Does she know you have it? If she does and it does not bother her then keep it. If it does bother her then you should get rid of it just out of respect for her. If she doesnt know, talk to her about it. She may be more open then you think and may just watch it with you. Hope this helps.

not necessarily. It is good to have them around when you are feeling "adventurous" it adds to the experience. My current boyfriend and I have a collection that we like to watch together and we really get into it, lol.

However, it is not good to have them around to use as a "replacement". My ex-husband would collect them and have sites on the Internet that he would look at every day and night when he wasn't working. Not once did he include me in on it. So that's why he is my "ex".

NO BECOUSE THEY MAY BE NEEDED FORM TIME TO TIME TO SPICE UP YOUR RELATIONSHIP. BESIDES SOMETIMES WOMEN LIKE WATCHING PORN WITH THIER BOYFREIND, OR LIKE ME WITH MY HUSBAND WE WATCH PORN ALL THE TIME, AS A FEMALE, I READ THE ARTICLES SO I CAN KEEP HIM HAPPY SO I KNOW HE WONT GO ANY WHERE ELSE.