xj0yc33 asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & Body · 1 decade ago

How do you get rid of a tan?

I went swimming for three hours while the sun was burning, and now the skin that was covered by my swimming suit is much lighter than the rest of my body. I've heard you had to exfoliate, but what does that mean and how?

I wanted to get rid of the tan, because I don't like to have tans =X

annnd, for some reasons, my tans never seem to fade away, even if I'm not in the sun a lot.

Favorite Answer

Exfoliating is simply scrubbing your skin hard to remove the top layer. This would work for dirt and dead skin removal.

I'm not sure this will work on your suntan, since a tan is an increase in the pigment melanin in your skin. A tan goes further than the surface level.

I'm curious as to why you'd want to remove the tan.

Excessive exposure to the sun's rays makes the pigment in the skin come up to the surface in order to protect the skin from burning. This is the reason your skin becomes darker.

The phrase cool as a cucumber is not completely baseless. Cucumbers are very useful in soothing sunburns. Peel and grate a cucumber. Then take out the juice and mix it with half a teaspoon of glycerine and half a teaspoon of rose water. Pat this solution onto your skin and experience the cooling effect. You can also soak some pieces of cucumber in a cup of milk for a few hours and then apply the milk on your sunburn. A mixture made of equal parts of lime water and linseed oil is also a good alternative. Cod-liver oil, potato juice and even a solution of ordinary tea can have a cooling effect. A homemade face mask constituting one egg-white mixed with a little honey and witch hazel is also very effective in dealing with sunburn.

Good luck hun xx

Put sunscreens on with a high SPF,and apply every 2-3 hrs,when exposed to sun for a long period of time. Use skin exfoliating or skin slouching washes. Also beauty companies called DEAGE,TopNews,and Isa Knox,sell lotions,that keep skin healthy and untanned. Stay in the shade.

You just have to wait. Exfoliating will get rid of a fake tan (as in self tanning lotions and sprays), but not a real one.

basically, it means to scrub your skin really well. Get in the shower with a washcloth and scrub your skin very well each time you shower. (don't make yourself bleed or anything...) just get rid of all the dead skin cells on the top layer of your skin. After a few days (do it once or twice a day if it really bothers you) you will see a vast difference.

stay out of the sun

hmmmm....welll i had same prob.But..now theres not even a single spot of tan...so dont do ne thing let it be as it is...it will soon disappear

• MAK

Leave it alone-it will fade soon.