What the fcuk happened to Nelly Furtado?

I mean, she used to be cool. And now it seems she's taken a dirt road right to Skanksville. What happened?

• Mac
    Favorite Answer

I thought the exact same thing the other day when I saw her video for the first time. She turned into Gwen Stefani and Mariah Carey!

What a shame. I use to like her b/c she WASNT like the other girls. Nora Jones, don't change!!! B/c she's really good, and not skanky, and I hope she doesnt convert and go to the dark side either!

I'm sorry, maybe I am the only one to think this, but I like the old and the new her. People change. Artists grow. Why would you want to see the same painting over and over again? After a while the painting gets boring. Same with artists. They have to stay on their toe so people will continue to talk about them and buy their records...And she is doing her job....

I noticed that too... I wouldn't call her a skank, but her style has changed and it's not that I don't appreciate it, it's just that she's become exactly like everybody else.... same with Bubba Sparxxx, they used to sing songs that meant something, and now they're following the hype.... I just liked the individuality they used to possess when they came out with new songs... even if they weren't all that popular with them, they still meant a lot more than the same, reiterated stuff their recording now....

Just my opinion.

• Gail

She features on a song by James Morrison currently in the UK top 10.

I agree....her last album didn't make much money so I guess they told her to spice things up. She seems like a complete different person than when she forst came out.

No, she's always been like that. Your just a little slow getting on the boat. No harm, maybe you were just a little awe-struck by her beauty. It happens sometimes when your young and naive. Maybe not to me in particular, but it happens.

I don't know. I always thought she was going to be a One-hit wonder. for a while it seemed true. maybe it's to get back to where she used to be at

I have no idea. She's just trying to follow the trend of famous girls trying to be sexy! Just like the Pussycat Dolls.

Whatever Happened To Nelly

she probably thought if I act "shanky" then more boys will like me ! so she was like hahaha ! Now all the oys will like me and shakira wont have all the attention or somthing like that lol..