emanon
emanon asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

Funeral songs?

What song would you like played at..

1) Your funeral?

2) Your parents funeral?

3) Your childs funeral? (heaven forbid)

4) A friends funeral?

5) A enemies funeral?

I know its a sad question.. And knock on wood you never have to experience it.. But what would the songs be?

• Manda
    Favorite Answer

Aww, it is sad, but we'll have to experience it one day. :(

I don't know if these are exactly what I'd choose, but here's an attempt:

1. My own - "Look On Down From the Bridge" by Mazzy Star (NO ONE can beat this song when it comes to beautiful funeral music.)

2. parents' - possibly "The End" by The Doors

3. child's - "New Star in the Sky" by Air (It's comforting in a sense. Plus, the sound of children's voices in the background of the song makes it even more relevant.)

4. friend's - "Morning Bird" by The Sleepy Jackson

5. enemy's - "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC (Haha, I wouldn't really choose that. I'm actually unsure on this one.)

We played "When I Get Where I'm Going" by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton at my dad's funeral and I think it's a perfect song for anyone who is a Christian because it reminds you that this isn't the end and that we will be together again.One of my best friends, whose bipolar disorder finally won, committed suicide by a calculated overdose of heroin and cocaine in a hotel room in a nearby town. We played Sarah McLachlan's "Angel"and after it ended there was complete silence excert crying for what seemed like an age. It was like the song was written for Jose. Listen to it sometime and you'll understand why.How about "Amazing Grace" for an enemy-he'll need it where he's probably going!!

I think selection of funeral songs would depend on the circumstances and the season of the year and of the life of the person whose life is being celebrated.

1. Violins playing the theme song from the "Civil War" PBS history series, "Great is Thy Faithfulness," "For All the Saints" or "You are Mine" by David Haas. At Eastertime (especially) "Alleluia, Alleluia Let the Holy Anthem Rise" During Lent: "Lift High the Cross"

Among my favorites "Parable" (Oregon Catholic Press) and "You are Mine" by David Haas

2. Whatever they would want. My dad would want the traditional Navy funeral song. "On Eagles Wings" would be another choice.

3. "Jesus Loves Me" and "Finnegan's Wake" (my son loves Irish music! See also choices in #1.

4. Depends on what friend it would be. "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God," or "Spirit in the Sky" "Soon and Very Soon (We are Going to See the King)" One friend I know would like the theme from Star Wars played.

5. "Lord Have Mercy on My Soul" (1970s rock song) (tongue in cheek!)

1. Never Gone - Backstreet Boys

2. Thank You - Ray Boltz

3. To Where You Are - Josh Groban

4. He Will Carry You - Scott Wesley Brown

5. One Last Breath - Creed

1) something loud - move along or If God is a Dj

2) If tomorrow never comes by Garth Brooks ( it's a really touching song)

3) I really don't know

4) pink roses and the graveyeard

5) Candyman :)

Well, I don't know if I would use this song exactly, but the end of ''how can I help you say goodbye'' is about the mother dieing and she had helped the daughter all her life and, it's really sad..It made me cry...but...it's a good song about that sort of thing. And, It's by patty loveless.

"In the arms of an angel"(city of angels) by Sarah McLaughlin

i think that is the perfect song for any funeral

Thought provoking. Here it goes...

1) "Wind and Sail" by Icehouse

2) "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler

3) "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton

4) "Friends" by Na Leo Pilimehana (aka Na Leo) or "Do You Believe in Shame?" by Duran Duran or "One Tree Hill" by U2.

5) I dunno...maybe "Disco Inferno" or something of that sort, I suppose

1- for me i want dust in the wind--kansas

2- for my mom we played go rest high on that mountain--vince gill

3- my son wants i walked the line-- johnny cash

4- my cousin #1 tears in heaven--eric clapton

cousin #2 let it be--the beatles

5-?

my funeral i would hope they would play farewell party by gene watson