massage therapy license is wanted in the city of Upland CA. i am certified. Is there a test or just apply?

Favorite Answer

you need to go to the police department usually. You usually have to have an extensive background check and get a permit or license from the vice department. This is because prostitution is so prevalent in the industry.Also each city requires a certain amount of hours of study, and they will change it if they feel like it.

Good luck

• WHAT? Prostitution is prevalent?? Whatever...anyways, just check in with the state board of massage therapy unless you're nationally certified. In which case, I'd say not to worry about it...review the laws a bit.

Do me a favor though...don't give foot massages to people with gout...ALWAYS create an intake form...my Dad went to California and got one massage...and came back with the worst flare-up ever.

Source(s): LMT in Arkansas