svtf100 asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

I am experiencing swelling in the groin area. mainly on the right side above my penis. Ideas?

This condition has only been noticable for a couple days. No pain or discomfort. Is this possibly a swollen gland and if so how serious and possible causes? I am a 42 year old male in good physical condition so I'm not understanding?

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Probably just a hernia, but you definitely want to get it checked. If the intestine pushes through the muscle wall, it can be strangulate - that is the blood supply to the intestine gets clamped off and the intestine begins to die and get septic. Not good. Hernia surgery is an easy fix and very common.

  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

    I am a training medical student and there are a few things you could have. I need to know more. I have an AIM account and I am also helping a few others at the moment but would be glad to help you as well. I am on Geebees12 and my name is Greg. I hope to hear from you.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    could be you have a buldging hernia.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.