Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

is it possible to get pregnant at age 53 if i still have my period every so often?

Favorite Answer

It is always possible to get pregnant as long as you have not had your tubes tied and your partner has not been 'fixed'. Women have babies at all ages, the oldest being 63 years old

I am a current nursing student, and from what I have been taught yes it is possible. You need to go to the doctor and take a pregnancy test. It could be one of 2 things either you are pregnant or you are starting to go through menopause.

YES IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A CHILD AT 53 AND SOME MOTHERS ARE ALOT OLDER. MANY MOTHERS ARE IN THE CHANGE OF LIFE AND GET PREGNANT.

Source(s): MY MOTHER WAS 42 YEARS OLD WHEN SHE HAD ME. sHE WAS IN THE CHANGE OF LIFE AND MY FATHER WAS 59. aS TO THEM WHAT A SHOCK.

YEP! If you are having a period 9 chances out of 10 you are ovulating. So, I would use a form of protection if your not wanting a change of life baby. It happens!

You were born with about 800,000 eggs. By death, most women ovulate less than 5% of that.

So theoretically, given the right hormonal balance and output and good health, a woman can conceive to a very very old age.

You must have very good genes or you take very good care of yourself.

Yes. A woman recently gave birth at 60. As along as you have periods, you are ovulating. As long as you are ovulating (that is, you haven't reached menopause), you are capable of becoming pregnant.

Most definately. A woman in my hometown just gave birth at the age of 62 YIKES

Actually, the oldest age on record is 67. The 63 year-old was a few days ago. Old, but not the oldest. Just remember that you might die before they graduate from high school.

I would think if you are 53 and don't know how that works by now you need some serious help. Damn lady!!

My grandmother has my mother at 54 and my uncle at 56. This was unheard of way back then. See a gynecologist. You may be hitting menopause.