Baby on Reglan?

Anyone had their baby on Reglan before? Any side effects? Did it help? How long were they on it and what age? Anything would be helpful. Thanks.

My baby is on Reglan, not me. He is 4 months old and has reflux.

Thanks. I get plenty of sleep. He has slept through the night since he was born. He is not fussy, just spits up TONS of his milk. :(

Favorite Answer

My son was on Reglan for a short time because his reflux was horrible. It was prescribed with Zantac. I stopped giving it to him for the fear of the side effects explained to me (he never had any side effects). I asked my pharmacist once and he said he'd never heard of a baby having side effects to it and it was commonly prescribed with Zantac. And I knew another mother whose baby was on Reglan for a long time, and she said he never had any problems at all. I was just paranoid and live 45 min. from the nearest hospital and didn't want to take any chances. Giving my son the Zantac alone helped his reflux.

Hello.....yes, my oldest daughter, now almost 15, was on reglan when she was an infant. It helped her with the acid and tummy "problems". She was on it until about 6 months, or so, until she started with baby food and then her tummy seemed to balance out on it's own.

She did not nor has she ever had any side effects from the medication. Trust your Dr. and she'll be just fine !!!!

Happy parenting :)

I used it when my baby was 2 month old. My baby didnt hv any side effects. Yes it did help. But u need to keep nursing or pumping to get ur supply up and drink lots of fluids everyday. But as soon as u stop reglan, supply reduces drastically . Just hv to keep nursing to keep the level.

• CoC

YES ALSO ON ZANTAC-IT WORKED WONDERS--I ACTUALLY GOT SOME SLEEP-NO SIDE AFFECTS HE WAS ON IT FROM 4 MTHS--A YEAR--GOOD LUCK