My friend has plantar warts any way to get rid of them?

helping a friend

No seriously my friend DOES have them her name is Sara

Favorite Answer

There are over the counter meds to freeze them off if you don't want to go to the doctor. They work. I had a plantar wart on the bottom of my foot and used the medicine and in a few days, it was gone. But you have to follow the directions very carefully!!

..Er..That's not a very good idea. As far as treatment goes, over-the-counter medications contain chemicals that destroy skin cells (e.g., acid) and may damage healthy tissue surrounding the wart. Self-treatment for plantar warts using an over-the-counter preparation is not recommended. In some cases, podiatrists apply mild acid (e.g., salicylic acid, cantharidin, dichloroacetic acid) topically to treat plantar warts. This treatment, which often requires multiple applications over the course of several weeks, disintegrates viral cells and allows healthy skin cells to replace them. Laser treatments (e.g., CO2 laser cautery) can be used to treat plantar warts. Laser treatment is performed in a podiatrist's office or an outpatient surgery facility using local anesthesia. Lasers produce little scarring and are effective in most cases. Cryotherapy involves freezing warts with a very cold solution (e.g., sodium nitride) that destroys the virus and causes the wart to turn black and fall off within a few days. This treatment is ineffective in some cases when the solution does not penetrate far enough to completely destroy the virus. Surgical removal (called debridement) usually is not recommended to treat plantar warts because it can cause painful scarring. Generally, this procedure is used to remove several small warts in a limited area. Debridement is performed using anesthesia and can be used with acid to destroy the virus and prevent the warts from regrowing. I hope I was able to help. Best of Luck.

You have Plantar Warts Dont You. See a doctor

Cover the wart every day with duct tape. Yes duct tape. It takes about 6 weeks, but the wart will disappear.

The best way is to go in to a family physician and have them freeze them off multiple times.

If you are worried that they will scar, approach a dermatologist if your insurance will allow.

You can try compound W over the counter, but it may not work.

Change the shoes, and don't wear sandals if they are on the bottom of the foot, you don't want to spread the virus.

Your friend can try some otc wart medicine. I had them once and had to get a prescription from the doctor to clear them up.

at night time, put duck tape on it after scrubbing it with an emery board

try keeping duct tape on them