Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How would the world work with no religion?

Favorite Answer

id say pretty well. science and technology would flourish. especially medical technology. we wouldnt have this whole "stem cells are living people!" crap.

education would be pretyt much better than what we have today. we would still have drug ue and crime though, dont think that the loss of religion would make the world a perfect society. people still give in to their indulgences.

of course the government would be far less corrupt.

religion is horrible. i was brought up with a jewish dad and a catholic mom (what a pairing, huh). I disagreed strongly with both religions, even as a child, but fearing eternal damnation, I looked for something else. Christians had to be the worse. I've never dealt with so many hypocrits in my life. I've since then dropped religion and have been spiritual for about 5 years and my life has changed drastically. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have morals, but I refuse to judge someone for who they are, what they've done, their persronal beliefs or believe they are marked for damnation for how they were born (to all my gay pals out there). Religion is like Santa Clause for gullible adults.

Source(s): I am God.
  • Not good,

Many people who has nothing in common has religion as a connection with other people. Also, religion reduces crime, because people beleive that if you do wrong, you'll receive wrong.

I beleive in many religions, and personally, I think that this world would be a disaster without religion,

Much better than it is now. If you take a look back in world history, most wars are fought over religion.

Seems like it woud work much better than it does right now. Through out history, the vast majority of wars have been fought over religion. I would think that there would be much less violence.

With no religion? Better, religion is an inflexible set of rules, not a path to truth. Christianity isn't about following rules, it's about a relationship.

The world is working that way in many areas. Not doing too well either.

• Damian

Perfect because we will automatically follow Jesus and we wouldn't worry about not follow him and the consequences of sin. Adam and Eve didn't have religion they were just living perfect with God. Now we have laws because of sin and to protect us from sin and the consequence of it. But that will change once Jesus returns the second time around.

Without religion, we would do much better, for all reasons mentioned above.

I love this one.

Atheists will tell you that their numbers are growing daily, and they are right.

Stick around, and before too long, you will see how well the world will work without religion.

The outlook is grim.