Does anyone know if I-95 has one set speed limit or does it change in every state?

And if it does change what are the speed limits for each state? Me and my friends are planning a road trip to Myrtle Beach and we want to know!!!.....Thanx 4 Ur HELP!!!!

Favorite Answer

Just figure 65mph as the average.

It changes for each state between 55 mph and 70mph plus it changes when you go through major populated areas, etc.

Focus more on where you get off I-95 and onto 501 to get to Myrtle. This is the most confusing area where most get turned around

PS: undercover cops are all over so watch what you do.

Source(s): Ex-Myrtle Beach Guy....ohhh how I miss that place!!

The speed limit changes not only by state, but within the state depending on the conditions of the road in that particular area.

Speed limits are determined by the State for Interstate Routes

it'll most likely change throughout a few states. highly doubt that it would be a drastic change. and besides its not like anyone ever goes the set speed limit on a road trip.

I can't tell you what the speed limits are but I can tell you that each state is authorized to set their own speed limit and is responsible for enforcing it.

every state has their own speed limits for their roads

HI, In NJ the speed limit is 65mph, but I always go 75mph. Don't go over 75mph, NJ state troopers have no problems giving tickets.

Have fun!!

• fcas80

Not only does it change from state to state, but it is not the same within a single state such as NJ.

Changes in every state, and sometimes in each county.

It changes by state. PA is 55mph