MaryJaneD asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

What other carriers fall under American Airlines?

I know some of the smaller airlines were absorbed by larger ones. Does anyone else know what AA runs now?? Thanks =)

Favorite Answer

AMR Corporation (AMR) operates primarily in the airline industry through its principal subsidiary American Airlines, Inc. (American). During the year ended December 31, 2005, American provided scheduled jet service to approximately 150 destinations throughout North America, the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe and Asia. AMR Eagle Holding Corporation (AMR Eagle), a wholly owned subsidiary of AMR, owns two regional airlines: American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and Executive Airlines, Inc. (Executive) (collectively, the American Eagle carriers). The American Eagle carriers provide connecting service from eight of American's high-traffic cities to smaller markets throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. American also contracts with three independently owned regional airlines, which does business as the American Connection (the American Connection carriers).

I know American Eagle is part of American Airlines - it is one of their regional carriers.

Source(s): My last trip to Chattanooga.

American Eagle, I am not sure if that is the only one but the only one that I could find

Source(s): I am a travel agent