Nicole B asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

abs........?

i need an ab workout..any ideas?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

im about to do an ab workout now. its called Billy Bootcamp by bodybuilder Billy Blanks. It works real good. you see the difference every time you wake up in the morning. it is only 35 mins./day. the whole pack comes with an ab workout, basic workout, ultimate workout, & a cardio workout. He also gives you a 7 day success plan on how to eat every day. Its complete with breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner.

Breakfast may be like a yogurt & berry parfait

snack:cottage cheese&cantaloupe

lunch:chicken wrap

snck: turkey&cheese roll up

dinner: steak&broccoli.

for more info on it, go to: www.billyblanks.com/

and pleeeease, can i have 10 pts b/c this workout is very successful

Source(s): i have it all
  • 1 decade ago

if u want to have sexy abs, the one thing u need to do is diet, 80% of gettin abs is eating well and not going to Mc every week, fruits and veggies and no fatty meat.. the best way to get abs is running, it is the best fitness way because it shapes your entire body.. my advise is to run 1 mile a day, i know it sounds a lot but really its not, it shouldnt take anyone more than 30 min, even if you go on a slower pace.. in a month u will be loving your body...

Good luck

God Bless

• Abriel
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

"The Abs Diet" by David Zinczenko. Has great nutrition guidelines and a good abs workout regimen.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah you may want an easier way but crunches will do the trick. I love crunches i do them often and it pays. You could try looking in fitness magazines and they usually show you like a routine that you can do to help your stomach and it's not always crunches. Good Luck hope this helps.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Crunchers....works awesome.

• 1 decade ago

scissor kicks-

1. Lie back onto floor or bench with both knees bent and feet flat. Place hands at sides.

2. Contract abdominal muscles continuously to stabilize trunk (or tuck stomach in by drawing naval in towards spine). Lower back should be in a neutral position.

3. Start position: Straighten both legs so that they are perpendicular to floor.

4. Slowly bring legs out away from each other and then return to side by side.

5. Return to start position and repeat.

flutter kicks-

1) Lie back onto floor or bench with both knees bent and feet flat. Place hands at sides.

2) Contract abdominal muscles continuously to stabilize trunk (or tuck stomach in by drawing naval in towards spine). Lower back should be in a neutral position.

3) Start position: Straighten both legs so that they are perpendicular to floor.

4) Slowly lower one leg to approximately 45-90°.

5) Return to start position and repeat with other leg.

air bike crunches-

. Start by lying on your back with your hands behind your back and thighs bent 90 degrees at your hip.

2. Simultaneously curl your right shoulder and left knee up towards the center of your body until your elbow and knee touch. Return to the starting position and repeat with the other side.

3. Continuously repeat this pattern for the prescribed repetitions.

squeeze, twist,and crunch-

1. Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with legs extended and straight up squeezing a stability ball and hands behind head. Keep elbows back and out of sight. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.

2. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders off floor and twist your shoulders leading with the right shoulder.

Return to start position and repeat with the other shoulder.

weighted crunch-

1) Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with knees bent and hands on your chest. Hold a weight plate on your chest. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.

2) Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders off floor or bench.

3) Return to start position.

4) Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.

• Alyssa
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

crunches/situps

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.