Why does the Confederate Flag mean racism?

The Confederate flag had nothing to do with racism. The south was fighting for state freedoms and rights. Yes slavery was a part of it, but that's not all it was about! Now, for all the people out there who are going to refer to me as a racist, 1) my best freind in high school was black 2) I've dated... show more The Confederate flag had nothing to do with racism. The south was fighting for state freedoms and rights. Yes slavery was a part of it, but that's not all it was about! Now, for all the people out there who are going to refer to me as a racist, 1) my best freind in high school was black 2) I've dated several black men 3) I would vote for Condaleeza Rice as Prez any day! Only mature people's comments please (preferably black and white).
Update: A short story for all. I worked for a little company called the Disney Catalog. A girl that I met there and became good freinds with was black. I was reading Dale Earnhardt Jrs rookie book one day. He went off on a tirade about how the flag means racism. I was furious! I asked my freind what she thought about it... show more A short story for all. I worked for a little company called the Disney Catalog. A girl that I met there and became good freinds with was black. I was reading Dale Earnhardt Jrs rookie book one day. He went off on a tirade about how the flag means racism. I was furious! I asked my freind what she thought about it and she said it was racist. At that time I had a tongue ring.
Update 2: On my tongue ring was a confederate flag. I stuck my tongue out and showed her. I said do you think I'm racist? She was in awe. Then she said well I guess not!