The Corruption of the Catholic Church?

Why is it that whenever people talk about the Catholic Church, they're always talking about how corrupt it is? Why don't they ever talk about the teachings of the church and realize that man is capable of sin, even the clergy? Why do people let the actions of men sway them from the word of God?
Update: You can probably guess this, but I'm Catholic, and I myself am not to proud of our church structure. What I do like are the core teachings of the church and the use of the UNALTERED bible, and the fact that one must see a priest to be forgiven for their sins. Other religions don't require a religious... show more You can probably guess this, but I'm Catholic, and I myself am not to proud of our church structure.

What I do like are the core teachings of the church and the use of the UNALTERED bible, and the fact that one must see a priest to be forgiven for their sins. Other religions don't require a religious figure to have sins forgiven, all they have to do is say their sorry to God and their sins are forgiven.
Update 2: You People are focusing on the laws of the Catholic Church, their laws are made by man, and thus are falliable. I am speaking about the Dogma of the church, the teachings of Jesus Christ passes on to the Catholic Church and unaltered by any man.