Do u think New Orleans will ever be the same again. Urban planners think will will 25 years for it to be same.

Favorite Answer

I'm sorry to say I don't think so.

New Orleans was a unique blend of cultures that had found some way to live in relative harmony. That doesn't mean it was perfect or that part of the city didn't suffer from neglect.

New Orleans did know how to throw a party. They made visitors feel welcome and they were open minded (in my experience). However, you could see the decay befalling the city. The rise in violence and the flight to the burbs was taking place in N.O. too.

I enjoyed N.O. like I enjoyed a good meal. I tried different things....I took in the visual variety in the city....I reveled in the fun of Mardi Gras with friends.....it was a great place to visit. Like a perfect bowl of gumbo, I could enjoy it every once in awhile but not a steady diet of Cajun delights.

Now the recipe has changed. The spices are not quite right in the gumbo. Something is missing. Maybe too much salt and not enough pepper.

New Orleans has been fundamentally changed. I'm not sure what the future holds for the city but I don't think it will ever "be the same".

No, and part of it is that the people living there finally had a wake up call and they realized just how messed up the city had been before Katrina. Between the drug dealers and city govt.

New Orleans had been the last city to fight the invasion of 'Generica' into the city's culture. For an idea of the city culture, go to www.wwltv.com, and look for a song called 'The 12 Yats of Christmas'. Then realize that most of the places in that video washed away.

The urban planners are probably just counting population numbers to come up with their figure.

• jfmm

I started school in N.O.. I will always love LA. Plaquemines Parish was the place I started running from Katrina. Over eight months later I finally had a door of my own to close. I hurt deeply when I even think of the communities forever lost. We can only look forward or die of broken hearts and spirits.

New Orleans will be different, but the true people of Louisiana will be the same,mostly,if some sadder.

I dont think it will ever be the same but better. There are different people migrating to New Orleans property value has increased in certain areas and the job market is pretty good right now. I think that the city will be divided into the have and have not however , but hey change can be good.

Its getting tougher and tougher for white middle class to find a place in the city with city atmospere where it is safe and free from crime, dirt bag, drug dealers, and losers. Who would ever want to take a chance, on buying a home in New Orleans and then have the liberals, or governement agencys, NAACP or ACLU step in and turn or demand your neighborhood be turned into an equal housing area. If and when that happens is only a matter of time, and you know who'll be moving next door! TRASH, and Drug dealers!

No. A lot of what made New Orleans got washed away. The town can be restored to look like its old self, but some of the characters is gone and that may never be fully restored.

I honestly don't think it will be the same again. I mean how could it after a disaster like that. With GOD on the planning committee, they can rebuild to be better, but I don't think anyone should want it the same.

Hi,,,, i live and work near by New Orleans.......

My opinion,,, it will take years to get the city back to anywhere close to where it was....

Then,, if anything else happens in the meanwhile... hmmm ..

hope that helps.....

Source(s): world traveler

no it will never be the same again..there are problems like the sewerage system and the roads and the beaches out there that will never ever return thier previous state...it will become a better equiped city...but never the same.

New orleans will NEVER be the same again!!