Sci-Fi &/or Fantasy vs. Comics?

Which one do you like best and why?

Favorite Answer

My favorite would be Sci-Fi/Fantasy for the following reasons:

Sci-Fi/Fantasy will make you think. Comics don't.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy has developed characters and plots. Comics don't.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy allows you to use your imagination to "picture" what things and people look like. Comics don't.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy covers the gamut from short stories to thousand page novels. Comics are all short.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy are all Sci-Fi/Fantasy. Comics aren't.

Sci-Fi/Fantasy stands up to the test of time. Comics go away. How many authors of comics can you think of who's comics have been around as long as H G Wells?

I enjoy some comics too, but not as many as the Sci-Fi/Fantasy collection I have. The authors are many and some are amazing. Nothing can beat curling up with a book of the year's best Sci-Fi/Fantasy short stories. I don't think a comic would have the same impact.

i'd have to go 4 sci-fi and fantasy just for sheer escapism and for all the great authors in that genre

I love comics, but King Fortis the Brave has me leaning toward Fantasy. It's one of the best books you'll ever read

I love them all, to chose one is hard. BUt I think I prefer Sci-Fi. We can get a little knowledge and learn something new there.

Fantsay

I like both, they both have their places. If I'm bored on a plane ride I'll read Fullmetal Alchemist but if I'm in my room alone I'll read Lord of the Rings.

I <3 both genres.

I like fantasy more. ^^ Eragon is too good to ignore ^^