promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
ami
Lv 4
ami asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

What is a PREPYLORIC ULCER ?

What are some of the symptoms and medications that are generally prescribed? What are some other options for treatments: surgery and when it is possible, etc.? How common is this condition? Is there a general age or blood type that is more susceptible? Serious answers only please! Thanks!

Update:

It is not listed there. If you find it please send me the link. Thanks!

Update 2:

It is not listed on webmd.com. If someone finds it there, let me know. Thanks!

Update 3:

stacia & ems42873:

Thanks so much for the info! A very close friend of mine has this and the doctor has prescribed like 5 meds for her for this (including motilium-m) and I wanted to help her out.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

prepyloric ulcers are usually caused by a bacteria called H. pylori. sometimes, drugs like advil/motrin can also cause them if too much of the drug is taken. they can be hard to treat, especially if you keep taking those drugs (advil/motrin). these can be treated with drugs like omeprazole (Prevacid) and antibiotics meant to kill the bacteria, and drugs meant to protect the stomach. below is a great link for peptic ulcers, which is the broader category of which prepyloric ulcers falls into.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Any type of pyloric ulcer is going to be at the opening of the stomach. The pyloric sphincter is located at the end of the esophagus and at beginning of the stomach. It will usually feel like a bad case of heartburn. You will feel it in your lower chest, upper abdomen, anywhere between the left side to the middle. If you have not tried stuff over the counter, like Zantac or Pepcid, I would try them first. If not, go to your doctor and get a prescription for Nexium or Prilosec or Prevacid. It is a common condition and surgery is not really an option, especially at this point since it is so early diagnosed. I hope this helps you.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is a PREPYLORIC ULCER ?

What are some of the symptoms and medications that are generally prescribed? What are some other options for treatments: surgery and when it is possible, etc.? How common is this condition? Is there a general age or blood type that is more susceptible? Serious answers only please! Thanks!

Source(s): prepyloric ulcer: https://biturl.im/qXsgB
  • tseng
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Pre-pyloric Stomach

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ax8Ls

Try some Maalox. This is a quick and inexpensive remedy. Swish some around in your mouth a couple times a day until it is all gone. Best of Luck kid!

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Cure Acid Reflux http://AcidRefluxCure.netint.info/?VF51
  • 1 decade ago

go to webmd.com add read the results

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.