Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

What is an easy way to learn how to type on the keyboard, without looking at the keys?

thanks, i found kiran's typing tutor.

Favorite Answer

There are free learn to type programs on the Internet. Just do a google search for Learn to Type or How can I learn to type?

The main secret to this is using what is called the Home Row keys. These are A -F for the left hand and J - : ; for the right hand. Then you have to teach your fingers to go to the keys above and below the home row without looking. A typing program will instruct you on the proper keys for you fingers.

The main thing is lots of practice will make you faster in your typing.

Use the typing tutors. In our classroom, the keys had no letters on them! We typed things like fjfjfjfjfjf until we could remember where they were, then ghghghghgh, and so on. If you keep your hands hovering over the keyboard in the right way, your brain will eventually get it all down.

• Mila

Well years and years ago I was told to draw the keyboard on paper stick it above where you are learning to type tie an apron around your neck and in front of your keyboard so you can't see it and keep practising.

There are free typing games on Yahoo. They might not be the best way to learn but it's a start. It's good practice anyway.

Try a typing tutorial software package.

This is an excellent skill to have.

I learned to touch type when I was in eigth grade and was one of the best things I did for myself.

nhamzah12@yahoo.com

Take a class or buy some Typing Software.

In school they used to tape filing folders (I think they're called manila folders) over the top of the keyboard, resting on the top of our hands, so we couldn't peek at the keys.

Use one of these typing tutors. Pick the best one for your needs.

Take a class.