Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

What is an easy way to learn how to type on the keyboard, without looking at the keys?

Update:

thanks, i found kiran's typing tutor.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are free learn to type programs on the Internet. Just do a google search for Learn to Type or How can I learn to type?

The main secret to this is using what is called the Home Row keys. These are A -F for the left hand and J - : ; for the right hand. Then you have to teach your fingers to go to the keys above and below the home row without looking. A typing program will instruct you on the proper keys for you fingers.

The main thing is lots of practice will make you faster in your typing.

• 1 decade ago

Use the typing tutors. In our classroom, the keys had no letters on them! We typed things like fjfjfjfjfjf until we could remember where they were, then ghghghghgh, and so on. If you keep your hands hovering over the keyboard in the right way, your brain will eventually get it all down.

• Mila
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Well years and years ago I was told to draw the keyboard on paper stick it above where you are learning to type tie an apron around your neck and in front of your keyboard so you can't see it and keep practising.

• 1 decade ago

There are free typing games on Yahoo. They might not be the best way to learn but it's a start. It's good practice anyway.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try a typing tutorial software package.

This is an excellent skill to have.

I learned to touch type when I was in eigth grade and was one of the best things I did for myself.

nhamzah12@yahoo.com

• 1 decade ago

Take a class or buy some Typing Software.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In school they used to tape filing folders (I think they're called manila folders) over the top of the keyboard, resting on the top of our hands, so we couldn't peek at the keys.

• 1 decade ago

Use one of these typing tutors. Pick the best one for your needs.

• 1 decade ago

Take a class.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.