Mac os x lost admin password?
Hi I locked up my powerbook g4
I was in my keychain and I did something that locked it up Dose anyone know how to fix this password prob?
- csalm87Lv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
If you have the original installation discs that came with the computer, you can use that to reset your password.
1. Insert the disc labled "Mac OS X Install Disc 1" into the CD/DVD drive of your computer.
2. Restart the computer while holding down the "C" key until you see the apple logo.
3. When everything loads, go to: Utilities>Reset Password
4. Type in a password that you want and click "Reset"
5. Go to: Utilities>Startup Disk and click the folder with the "X" on it and click "Restart"
6. Congratulations! You have successfully reset your password.Source(s): personal experience
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I had a password problem with an iBook G4. Apple said to use the original OS X disc. I didn't wind up fixing it myself but it was fixed with the disc by my friend. I think where you first enter the password ....
- iammiscLv 51 decade ago
if you dont know your password then i dont think there is anything you can do. Mac is based on UNIX(they dont tell u that though) and if you lose the admin password on UNIX you can't get it back.