Hey bible thumpers, explain to me please about creationism.?
Ok, i see a lot lately that you guys believe there is no such thing as evolution. Well, what about dinosaurs? Are we to believe that man existed alongside them? And if so, why are they gone and we are here? And am I supposed to believe that the whole world flooded??!? I just got done reading that mass can't be created or destroyed, so where did all the water go? And how did a few guys build something so massive as to hold and feed all the animals on earth for forty days when a zoo pays thousands of dollars to feed these animals daily? So you're telling me that everyone is the son of abraham, or adam and eve, or both? I have seen studies about how inbreeding causes genetic shortcomings and deformities, mental problems(ie west virginia) so how did the human race overcome that and now it cant. So what color were adam and eve? I mean, I always see them dipicted as white, so what eve popped out a black kid and an asian kid "miraculously" because the obviously didnt evolve that way?
so far all i hear is thumping and no answering
these are supposedly historical events! yet no one can explain this except "well god just did it" so you are telling me that while other worldly events are so meticulously recorded before the advent of christianity and then all these things happend but the bible is the only record of them?
if everyone died in this flood, how did the indians in america and australia live through it because their history predates this "Flood" I never heard of any arcs they built, or what, it only flooded a thousand mile radius of isreal or what?
its funny that john thinks that science is rubbish but when it "proves" something in his argument then its correct and unquestionable.
how can a gene pool start out clean and then end up not being clean? I mean, that might mean that the genetic makeup of things might change.....but thats not evolution.
victor just made a stab, its not true, the problems I see are not in being narrowminded, its in not having a viable explanation or thoery or postulation besides that of "god did it". Ok, thats what ancient civilizations did too and they look kind of foolish for worshiping these crazy gods without explanation for anything except just believing.
guys....I know you're trying. But if you are going to write something, at least have it make sense. One from every genus? Ok...lets roll with that. Somebody obviously had cataloged the entire animal population in prehistoric times. Now, how did these 400 pairs of animals become gathered and now we have thousands of sub catagories. I have one guy telling me in here that the flood killed the dinos and another saying they came on the ark as babies. Why would god kill the dinos? Must have been republican. I am still confused though. Because man has the ability to communicate, and if there hasnt been evolution, adam and eve were just as capable of making a record of history as you or I, yet there is no record of humans existing with dinos, no cave drawings or anything, except the bible. The bible was not written until "thousands" of years after that fact, so why do we have radio carbon dating of bones millions of years old?
Wait sorry, science i forgot. What about the platypus? If noah had two, and two kangaroos, and two tasmanian devils, and two wallabies, how did those animals become the only ones to end up in australia. And how did he get the penguins all the way from antarctica to get on the ark and then get them all the way back to antarctica. What about freshwater fish? If the world flooded they would all die! unless noah had a big aquarium.
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
EVIDENCE FOR CREATION
1. The Fossil Record...Evolutionists have constructed the Geologic Column in order to illustrate the supposed progression of "primitive" life forms to "more complex" systems we observe today. Yet, "since only a small percentage of the earth's surface obeys even a portion of the geologic column the claim of their having taken place to form a continuum of rock/life/time over the earth is therefore a fantastic and imaginative contrivance.1" "[T]he lack of transitional series cannot be explained as being due to the scarcity of material. The deficiencies are real, they will never be filled."2 This supposed column is actually saturated with "polystrate fossils" (fossils extending from one geologic layer to another) that tie all the layers to one time-frame. "[T]o the unprejudiced, the fossil record of plants is in favor of special creation." 3
2. Decay of Earth's Magnetic Field... Dr. Thomas Barnes, Emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of Texas at El Paso, has published the definitive work in this field.4 Scientific observations since 1829 have shown that the earth's magnetic field has been measurably decaying at an exponential rate, demonstrating its half-life to be approximately 1,400 years. In practical application its strength 20,000 years ago would approximate that of a magnetic star. Under those conditions many of the atoms necessary for life processes could not form. These data demonstrate that earth's entire history is young, within a few thousand of years.
3. The Global Flood... The Biblical record clearly describes a global Flood during Noah's day. Additionally, there are hundreds of Flood traditions handed down through cultures all over the world. 5 M.E. Clark and Henry Voss have demonstrated the scientific validity of such a Flood providing the sedimentary layering we see on every continent. 6 Secular scholars report very rapid sedimentation and periods of great carbonate deposition in earth's sedimentary layers..7 It is now possible to prove the historical reality of the Biblical Flood.8
4. Population Statistics...World population growth rate in recent times is about 2% per year. Practicable application of growth rate throughout human history would be about half that number. Wars, disease, famine, etc. have wiped out approximately one third of the population on average every 82 years. Starting with eight people, and applying these growth rates since the Flood of Noah's day (about 4500 years ago) would give a total human population at just under six billion people. However, application on an evolutionary time scale runs into major difficulties. Starting with one "couple" just 41,000 years ago would give us a total population of 2 x 1089. 9 The universe does not have space to hold so many bodies.
5. Radio Halos...Physicist Robert Gentry has reported isolated radio halos of polonuim-214 in crystalline granite. The half-life of this element is 0.000164 seconds! To record the existence of this element in such short time span, the granite must be in crystalline state instantaneously.10 This runs counter to evolutionary estimates of 300 million years for granite to form.
6. Human Artifacts throughout the Geologic Column...Man-made artifacts - such as the hammer in Cretaceous rock, a human sandal print with trilobite in Cambrian rock, human footprints and a handprint in Cretaceous rock – point to the fact that all the supposed geologic periods actually occurred at the same time in the recent past.11
7. Helium Content in Earth's Atmosphere... Physicist Melvin Cook, Nobel Prize medalist found that helium-4 enters our atmosphere from solar wind and radioactive decay of uranium. At present rates our atmosphere would accumulate current helium-4 amounts in less than 10,000 years.12
8. Expansion of Space Fabric...Astronomical estimates of the distance to various galaxies gives conflicting data.13 The Biblical Record refers to the expansion of space by the Creator14. Astrophysicist Russell Humphries demonstrates that such space expansion would dilate time in distant space.15 This could explain a recent creation with great distances to the stars.
9. Design in Living Systems...A living cell is so awesomely complex that its interdependent components stagger the imagination and defy evolutionary explanations. A minimal cell contains over 60,000 proteins of 100 different configurations.16 The chance of this assemblage occurring by chance is 1 in 10 4,478,296 .17
10. Design in the Human Brain...The human brain is the most complicated structure in the known universe.18 It contains over 100 billion cells, each with over 50,000 neuron connections to other brain cells.19 This structure receives over 100 million separate signals from the total human body every second. If we learned something new every second of our lives, it would take three million years to exhaust the capacity of the human brain. 20 In addition to conscious thought, people can actually reason, anticipate consequences, and devise plans - all without knowing they are doing so.21
Man and dinosaur lived together
Welcome to , the web site of the Creation Evidence Museum in Glen Rose, Texas.
As you browse our pages you will receive educational information presenting scientific evidence for creation and design by a personal Creator. This scientifically chartered museum was established in July of 1984 for the purpose of research, excavation, and display of scientific evidence for creation. The Museum's team, led by its Founder and Director, Carl Baugh, Ph.D., has excavated eleven dinosaurs (Acrocanthosaurus, Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, etc.), 475 dinosaur tracks, 86 human footprints, 7 cat prints, and other fossil remains - all in Cretaceous limestone. Excavations were professionally documented along the Paluxy River and various other international locations.
Among museums this entity makes a unique contribution, demonstrating that man and dinosaur lived contemporaneously. Q: Are dinosaurs found in the Bible?
For a biblical study on dinosaurs in the Old Testament, I would definitely recommend using the Authorized Version (AV)/King James Version (KJV) of the Scriptures which were translated into English from the Masoretic text in 1611 [230 years before the word "dinosaur" was available!]. Using a Strong's Concordance, you will find the Hebrew word "tannin" is used 25 times, and is translated as 'dragon(s),''serpent(s),' 'monster(s)' [and, in the more modern versions, improperly as 'jackal(s)']. The key to remember is to look for Hebrew Lexicon #8577.
CREATION WEEK (~4000 B.C.)
DAY 5--[Gen.1:20-21]--Creation of marine monsters (Hebrew "tannin," includes large marine 'mammals' and 'reptiles') and winged/flying creatures (Hebrew "o(w)ph," includes all feathered and non-feathered flyers--even pterosaurs, the flying reptiles!)
DAY 6--[Gen.1:24-25]--Making of dinosaurs and other land creatures, divided among the cattle (Hebrew "behemah," includes all quadrupedal, hoofed/blunt-toed ungulates), beasts of the earth (bipedal/quadrupedal, talon-toed), and creeping things (quadrupedal/multi-legged ground crawlers).
FLOOD YEAR (~2350 B.C.)
[Gen.6:17,19-20; 7:14-15; 9:17,19]--Juvenile representatives of every terrestrial, air-breathing kind (not species), including dinosaurs and pterosaurs, were directed by God to the Ark.
Those outside the Ark would be left to be scavenged by marine predators or be buried and fossilized quickly.
MARINE MONSTERS--[Leviathan (Job 3:8-'mourning'; 41:1-34/Ps.74:14;104:26/ Isa.27:1); see also Lam.4:3 & Amos 9:3].
PTEROSAURS--[esp. the bioluminescent flying reptiles (Isa.14:29 & 30:6)].
DINOSAURS--[see Strong's Concordance(KJV) under "dragon(s);" also Exod. 7:9-10 (#8577, not #5175)].
The best dinosaur passage in the Bible is Job 40:15-24 where God speaks to Job concerning BEHEMOTH ["most excellent beasts"--intensive plural of
Day 6 'cattle' ("behemah")], a huge sauropod dinosaur (especially notice verses 17 &19 !!!). Don't forget to ckeck our website for dinosaur publications under "Resources" and...happy dinosaur hunting!Source(s): http://www.creationevidence.org
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Ok, i see a lot lately that you guys believe there is no such thing as evolution. Well, what about dinosaurs? Are we to believe that man existed alongside them? (Yes, they did.)And if so, why are they gone (Noah's flood) and we are here (Noah's family was saved in the Ark during the flood). And am I supposed to believe that the whole world flooded? (You can believe it or not, but that's what happened). I just got done reading that mass can't be created or destroyed (Did you tell God that?), so where did all the water go (Evaporation) ? And how did a few guys build something so massive as to hold and feed (Two of each animal) all the animals on earth for forty days ( It was actually almost a little over a year they were on the Ark) when a zoo pays thousands of dollars to feed these animals daily (Noah used God's plan, and took baby animals into the Ark).So you're telling me that everyone is the son of abraham (NO, just Jews and Arabs), or adam and eve, or both ( Adam & Eve were the first humans) (Abraham was the father of Israel & Ishmael) I have seen studies about how inbreeding causes genetic shortcomings and deformities, mental problems(ie west virginia) so how did the human race overcome that and now it cant. God provided protection from that till the human race was of such number as not needing to interbreed. So what color were adam and eve (Good question) I mean, I always see them dipicted as white, so what eve popped out a black kid and an asian kid "miraculously" because the obviously didnt evolve that way? (The various ethnicities came into being after Noah and his sons left the ark. You will see which son was the father of which nations as stated in the Bible.)
- 1 decade ago
Adam & Eve were most likely a brown skin tone. The difference in what is referred to as "races" came after Babylon when God sent people to different corners of the earth. The changes are what evolutionists would call Micro-Evolution which is minor adaptions to their surroundings. Also it has been shown that all the people on the earth are descendants from 1 male and 1 female (this doesn't support either Creation or Evolution due to the fact both point to a beginning with 1 male & 1 female)
The flood is fairly well supported by such things as fish fossil's on top of mountains and sedament rock covering the entire earth which is produced by excessive water. I beleive the water was increased by under water volcanoes and other massive catastrophy's. Not sure how the feeding thing went but I imagine they lost a few pounds!?
The dinosaur thing is a different story the Bible describes a creature with a tail like a tree and a few other descriptions stating its size and eating habits that are similar to what we believe the dinosaurs were like.
There is no question that some of the things stated in the Bible are alomost unimagineable to the way we think now however if you believe in God they are not so difficult.
Now believing in Evolution is a whole nother thing there is so little evidence to support this theory and everyday it is being more and more unlikely to have happened. This is according to Darwin's statements about the fossil record and Irreducible complexity.
If you want an explanation regarding the knocks against Evolution give me an email or do some research!
In addition how could you think race differences are hard to believe if you believe in Evoultion which is when all life came from an amoeba that came from nothing?
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Well you have a long way to go.
There is no evidence for evolution. The billions of years it hides behind is speculation. Scientist do not have a dating method that works. The is no proof of anything on this earth being over 5,500 years old. Dinosaurs and man did live together, there is too much recent evidence for that. The ark was plenty big, do the math, it took 125 years to build and they were on it for over a year.DNA test done at University of Cal, Berkeley in 1980 confirmed that every human alive came from one female ancestor. In the beginning the gene pool was clean, no problem with inter marriage. Every human being has the genes to produce any race on earth. There is so much to tell you. If you really think evolution is real why don't you investigate what the scientist say about it that do not believe it. Lets be open minded.
edit; the flood was global, there are remains of marine animals on the tops of all the mountians-how did it get there, do marine animals fall up when they die?
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- NorineLv 44 years ago
Good question. The Bible does not list every single thing created. Genesis 1:24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind. The Bible doesn't mention lions either but this verse sums up the creation of wild animals. God created Adam and Eve after everything else was created. There is debate even among Christians whether the 6 days God created everything were 24 hour periods or longer. Since God isn't bound by time it could be either. An important fact though is that even if each day was 1 million years, we know that death didn't enter the world until after Adam and Eve. Which means if we say they were created around 10,000 years ago no fossil or dinosaur bones could be older than that. That may send people in a tizzy but without going into much detail, carbon dating is greatly flawed. You can't be 100% certain it is correct until they find a bone with a date on it and the carbon dating comes up the same date.
- TommyLv 61 decade ago
There are numerous stories, myths, legends and uncounted ideas about a "creation." It should also be remembered that there are more than a dozen theories of evolution. In those theories there have been almost as many mistakes about the process of evolution as there have been about the act of creation.
Most people who accept creation also accept some form of evolution. The question is not evolution vs creation but cause vs chance.
My own belief is that what we see is a creation. I think the two creation stories in the book of Genesis cover all the basics to perfection. One is the story of the spiritual creation. The other is the physical creation. Mixing these two together produces a lot of stupid notions. The Bible is a stand alone book which begs human interpretation.
It is apparent that you are not really interested in answers, but I will give you one. Everyone on earth has the same mother. Not everyone on earth has the same father. Cane, the elder, was half brother to Abel. Work that one out.
- 1 decade ago
What about Dinosaurs? They lived alongside man. They were created on the fourth day, just like all the other land animals.
"20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.
" 24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good." Gen 1:24-25
Did man exist alongside them? of course they did.
"15 "Look at the behemoth, [a]
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16 What strength he has in his loins,
what power in the muscles of his belly!
17 His tail [b] sways like a cedar;
the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.
If that isn't a sauropod dinosaur, I don't know what is.
Why are they gone? 2 reasons, the flood and hunting. After the flood, there was not enought vegetation to support the large dinosaurs, most of which had already been killed off by the flood. Large animals usually reproduce slower, so it is likely they did not repopulate fast. When humans started hunting them, they disappeared entirely.
Did the whole world flood? Yes. Where did the water go? Have you ever heard of something called an ocean? Before the flood the earth was a much flatter place. It did not take as much water as you assume to flood it. During the flood, there was a large amount of tectonic activity which in a very short time drastically restructured the surface of the earth.
How did they fit all the animals on the ark? They didn't fit EVERY animal, just two of each kind and seven of each clean kind. They did not need every species of land animal and bird, only each genus. After the flood, speciation produced the wide array of species we currently see. He only needed to fit about 400 different types of animals on the ark, most of which were smaller than a sheep. With the dimensions specified in the bible, there is more than enough room for Noah, his family and enough food to last for the trip. It took Noah years to build the ark, He had plenty of time to grow grass and store it as hay for the animals.
Every man and woman on earth are descendants of Adam and Eve, and Noah and his wife. What about inbreeding? When god created man, the genetic code was perfect. over time, there have been mutations. A few mutations is not so bad because of the amount of backups and fail-safes built into the process, but over time they added up until the point (around the time of moses) when it became too dangerous to intermarry with those closely related to you. At the time of Adam and Noah, however, there were few enough mutations that it was safe to interbreed with close family members.
WHat about all the colours? Adam and eve were middle brown, which means that they had a combination of light an dark skin genes, when combined they could create any colour of skin.
As for cultures not on the euro-afric-asia continent block, there are two possibilities. Some of the stuff could have been build before the flood. The people there after would have travelled there after the Tower of babel incident.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
YAWN...this questions is asked over and over and over and over and over. Check out the Yahoo answers archives under this topic and there will be hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of answers for you to read...better yet, go to church and ask a Lutheran Pastor, preferably a ELCA Lutheran... They believe that evolution evolved from CREATION.
- Victor iousLv 61 decade ago
Jesus said not to cast our pearls before the swine. Given your attitude, I think that pretty much says it all. I'll not waste my breath explaining the precious attributes and glorious workings of God on you. You would not accept anything anyone says at any rate.
- longroadLv 51 decade ago
Maybe the morale to the story is " man will always test , to find the truth, and never accept ones' word without researching and testing
- Anonymous1 decade ago
You said: "I have seen studies about how inbreeding causes genetic shortcomings and deformities, mental problems...
Well... that would account for Creationists, wouldn't it?