what makes a good news reporter?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think the following qualities are among the ones that can make a successful news reporter:

1-Paying attention to even the smallest details (the things often overlooked by most people)

2-Being a good listener

3-Being totally unbiased and free from any stereotypes, prejudices, etc

4-Being open-minded and self-confident

5-Good writing style and strong reasoning

6-Revising one's work before it is submitted to the editor

7-Constantly trying to improve one's own style by reading other reporters' writings and by being open and welcoming to criticism

8-Making sure that the data, statistics, and references you are using are correct (reliable), up-to-date, and adapted from varied sources

9-Expressing different viewpoints (including your own ones and other people's ones too) before reaching or presenting your final conclusion

10-And finally: avoiding spelling and grammar mistakes, avoiding repeating the same arguments again and again, avoiding too weak writing style, etc

I hope these points help. I do adopt them and they proved well in my career progress so far.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

According to cable news networks being a massive douchebag goes a long way.

• 4 years ago

a good reporter is one who pays attention to details, goes to assignments on time and has good writing skills

• 1 decade ago

Someone personable, outgoing, adventurous, def. decent looking, and you have to be a qick thinker and able to put a speech together at a seconds notice, since news happens fast.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

on TV: have a good research team and accurate info., looking good and being articulate

in newspaper: good research team, accurate info and know how to write for the target audience of the newspaper. use complicated words that are easy to understand

others: good research and accurate info.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This topic is worth everyone's attention

• 4 years ago

This is a very interesting question

• 1 decade ago

this.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.