What would be a good way of generating sales leads?

Favorite Answer

Have you thought about pay per click programs? The two biggest, I think, are Yahoo! and Google

A few free resources – check out the sources box for links:

1) Create a blog pertaining to your field

2) Use Yahoo! Local & Yahoo! Groups – Be sure to read the TOS for each one!

3) Write articles pertaining to your field and/or expertise.

4) Advertise on Craiglist

Also, consider signing up for an affiliate program. These programs enable you to advertise on other's sites (your affiliates) and once a sale is made to you, your affiliates & the program are paid a commission.

I listed a few handy sites & articles relating to marketing, promotion & advertising. Here are some book titles that are relevant:

* The Complete Idiot's Guide ® to Marketing Basics by Sarah White

* The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing by Al Ries, Jack Trout

* Creative Advertising: Ideas and Techniques from the World's Best Campaigns by Mario Pricken

* Entrepreneur Magazine's Ultimate Small Business Marketing Guide: Over 1500 Great Marketing Tricks That Will Drive Your Business Through the Roof by James Stephenson

* 301 Do-It-Yourself Marketing Ideas: From America's Most Innovative Small Companies by Sam Decker

Hope that helps! I wish you much success & happiness in all your ventures!

If you just got a sales job and want to know how to make sales......you have to stick with it and learn the ins and outs. There are no such thing as sales leads. A good salesman can sale even to those that doesn't need the product.

Well it depends on the product you are trying to sell, the best way that I know how is the smiling and dialing method it works for me. I generated 700k in sales for June by simply cold calling. It would help more to know what industry you are in. I know for a fact that Dialing for Dollars is the absolute tried and true way to generate leads, again it depends on the industry.

• read Jeffery Gitomer's

"Little Red Book of Selling"

12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness

its a great book and has great ideas

Advertise, I sugest "Sponsored Search" from Yahoo! Small Business, you can start with as little as $5 dollars and you get $50 credit when you sign up. You only pay when people clik on your ad, (PPC). That's how I advertise my store kkasual.com and it's working fine.

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/marketing/sponsored...

advertise

adWords ( or yahoo or msn)