Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Is there any way to get my girlfriend on birth control (pill) without telling her parents?

We live in PA if that helps any...

THE PILL, i know about condoms :P

Favorite Answer

Maybe you just shouldn't fool around!? Ok maybe I'm showing my age. Call whatever county you live in main number, Public Health or Planned Parenthood. You could use protection,too!

Try the planned parenthood at your local health department, also, if she goes for a check up at her normal doctor, she can ask him/her as well. There is Doctor/Patient confidentiality and the doctor can't say anything to the parents, although she might be warned if it will show up on her parents medical insurance. My best bet would be Planned Parenthood also known as Family Planning at the Health Department, they can give her the answers she needs!

Planned Parenthood, the Dr. Family Planning Clinic. Youre medical is private information.

Planned parenthood... however they only will pay for the birth control pills til she turns 18... & then she has to pay for them... the price is probably around $47 if you dont get the generic which is somewhere around $30.. good luck!

Source(s): One of my friends went there!

I took my sister to the Dr. for the first time when she was 15. Go to a clinic. They are awsome and very helpful... and they do not require parental consent to start a girl on the pill, regardless of her age.

• Paige

Planned Parenthood, or call the city health nurse. I think at 16 girls can get the pill w/o parent permission. At least your thinking!!

If you have a planned parenthood I think she can get birth control w/out telling her parents , I think you have to be 16 though, not sure but check

• Lisa

Depending on her age and state law, health care providers can provide birth control without parental consent. Planned Parenthood is one such agency.

I don't know what the laws are pertaining to doctors contacting parents in the case of minors in PA...you might want to check...I also suggest that you not engage in sex if she is a minor...you can be charged with statutory rape even if she consents..

• a health center. they will usually do it. how old is the girl? also think that bc is not 100 percent safe either. i would talk to her parents because some girls can get sudden weight gain or other symtoms like moodiness, etc. also it takes 3 months for them to fully kick in and work right.