Is your job really stingy with givng out Internet access? I have to fight for my employee to get access...?

to sites that she should really be able to access to do her job. Sometimes it feels like they treat us as children here. Granted, I am at work now and am online, but I will also proabably be staying well past 5 so all my work gets done. There are people who do abuse it, but for the most part, in a professional environment, how can one even survive without the Internet now? It is such an awesome resource....

Sorry, just venting.

Favorite Answer

I actually have free access to the Internet in my job (at a private school) but I do understand why some businesses have put limits on Internet access. It is easy for someone to appear to be busy at work when they are really using the Internet to chat, shop, view pornography, publish a blog, whatever. Most companies who have instituted controls have probably already been burned by employees misusing the Internet. If you feel your employee is unable to do her job because of limitations on her Internet access, speak with your management about how this is impacting the company's bottom line. That usually gets their attention.

PS At our school (which is PK3-12th Grade), we obviously do have limits on the computers that the students can access. The can use the Internet, with supervision, but are blocked from accessing inappropriate sites.

get a job with a University. They cannot block internet access

you being online right now is why , even though you say you will stay past five , there is no need to if you would work instead on playing online

but i am work right now , so no room to talk , but that is how they see it

one way of getting out is by installing a wireless card on your machine. If you have a laptop and have admin rights on the machine and provided you can connect to an unprotected network you can get out that way.

• Ron~N

Your supposed to be working at work--like me?--I cannot play around with answers and questions at work ,so why should you"?-----Only joking--i would love to-but its tough being a welder-ha.good luck.

my job is like that too....i use my bosses password to even get on the net.....