Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & Body · 1 decade ago

Could someone please describe these henna/mehndi symbols?

I'm trying to copy these mehndi/henna symbols from these pictures:

http://mikes-images.com/mirror/pages/gabrielle_mqm...

http://www.warriorprincess.com/seasonfour/Ep83_Bet...

Could someone please describe these henna/mehndi symbols

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

wow. gabrielle is fancy! The first picture shows a filled in star of david (jewish!) with some simple swirl patterns on the sides. Swirls are used world wide and can mean anything. (one culture thinks that swirls trap bad spirits so the swirls are good luck.) her waist is a simple but very cute heart and swirl motif with indian influence. I really like this and its easy as pie to do. (when doing a belt design- mark it with dots to guide a straight line- that really helps).

Okay, the next picture is fuzzy but it looks like an indian design on her hand. I really like the taj mahal shape of it and the empty space within. Its simple but very pretty. I dont know of any particular meaning- other than its just lovely. When women get married they go all out and get entire hands and feet done very intricately. The one Gabi has are just cute and fun.

If you need henna design ideas go to www.hennatribe.com and check out some of the designs there. My site is ww.hennastar.com and maybe it can help you with ideas also. good luck and have fun! be sure to use safe natural henna!

Source(s): www.hennatribe.com www.hennastar.com
  • machin

Mehndi Symbols

202

the chik in the second pic is kinda hot, y id like to bent her over the bed and........................

I DON'T SEE ANY SYMBOLS

their just designs they don't mean anything!!!