Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

What does OPP stand for in that one rap song?

I hate rap, but I was just checking out my local c(rap) station and they played it. I think it was made in the 80s or 90s. Its like " You down with opp, yeah you know me, Whos down with opp, all the homies" Ahhh.... Yeah. What does it stand for or mean?

• Geo K
    Favorite Answer

sung by naughty by nature

the clean version is other people property

the real version is other peoples p*ssy

Source(s): tv

The song is actually called O.P.P. sung by Naughty by Nature. Short answer: Other Peoples Pussy, Penis, or Property.

It is about cheating. If you're "Down with O.P.P.," it means you're willing to do someone else's boyfriend or girlfriend. Not exactly family values, but it's presented in a fun and clever way that doesn't say exactly what the last letter means, but gives very strong hints. In fact the third letter has three different meanings, some dirty even though there are no dirty words in the lyrics.

The lyrics explain that "O.P.P." stands for different things. The first 2 words are "Other People's," but referring to girls, it's "another way to call a cat a kitten." For guys, the last P is a "5-letter word rhyming with cleanest and meanest." Also, they say to keep it clean, the last P can stand for "Property."

Are you down with O.P.P.? Yeah, you know me.

Other People's Property...

Other Peoples Property

Other People's Property. It's talking about someone else's girlfriend.

Other people's pussy/penis. Some people argue it's for pussy only but the entire 2nd third of the song says otherwise. Property is the radio edit. Ultimately it means someone you want that's already in a realtionship

Source(s): azlyrics.com

opp stands for other peoples property

Source(s): i listen to the radio alot
  • jeanne

Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this question so I came to check it out. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting it to my followers!

yea i'm not into rap either, but i happen to know it's by naughty by nature and is asking if you're into being with someone else's girlfriend/boyfriend..."other people's ___" insert body part beginning with p, depending on gender

and opp is a rival gang member

everybody knew that OPP meant property or pussy