Today it's a good thing to be called a genius and bad to be called a bastard. Why or how have they changed?

I already know the awnser but thought it interesting to see who else might!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

your a funny guy! i think you're using these terms randomly! "genius" and "bastard" are two things you can be born with by no choice of your own. i was born with one, how 'bout you? you're the bastard that's asking the genius question, lol, you already know the answer. did i get it right.

• _
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Surely you got that the wrong way round???

Today 'genius' is used more like an insult! Whereas once it was a compliment...!

And nowadays people call everyone 'bastard' - so it's lost it's sting as an insult! Plus of course, in the UK alone at LEAST 1 third of all children ARE bastards, and it's not seen as a negative thing at all..! So although bastard might not be a compliment, it's no longer an insult in it's literal meaning of illegitimate. Because illegitimacy is no longer a scandal.

; )

• 1 decade ago

Bastard has always meant "not the legal heir", not able to legally inherit the father's money... not the child of the legal wife. I don't know about any negative meaning of genius.

or the genius that's asking the bastard question...

• 1 decade ago

Whatever...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.