Who has been to canon city colorado and did you like it?

Favorite Answer

I went there for a tour of a prison. Very pretty natural surroundings, and lots of natural beauty within easy driving distance.

• Pandak

Canon City is where a state penn is. The town itself has nothing. Surrounding it are some nice views. But if you're going to Colorado, why not go somewhere special, like Rocky Mnt National Park, NW of Denver, Colorado Springs area, Gunnison National Park, Estes Park?

Well, I live in Colorado, so yeah, I've been there a few times. It's ok. I'm not sure if it is in Canon City or just close, but if you go, check out Bishops Castle. It's pretty cool, although the guy who built it is a little nuts.

didnt spend a lot of time in the city itself. went to royal gorge which is nearby. it is an amazing place. you can take a tram across the gorge , you can walk on the bridge, or back when i went, you could pay and drive your car across the bridge. its well worth the visit.

Source(s): was there

Yes, you can visit the Royal Gorge from there and it is well worth the trip.