my shrink is leaving is it okay to ask what i can do while shes gone?

my shrink is leaving is it okay to ask what i can do while shes gone is that rude?

is it like saying its mean of u to leave me? im very nervous and she knows i c her two times a week is it ok to say "what am i gonna do with myself while ur gone"?

Favorite Answer

It's perfectly ok for you to ask your shrink what you can do while she is gone. In fact, I think you should ask her. Remember, as a client/patient you also have rights.

You didn't say how long your shrink will be gone, but I think usually, if she will gone for awhile, she may leave you a number to reach her and/or the number of another shrink you may call in case of emergency.

There are hotlines and crisis lines to call as well that may help you in time of need.

Since you are seeing your shrink twice a week, it will be hard for you to be without her. If you have a good friend, maybe you can talk with him, although it's not the same as talking to a shrink. Perhaps, you can write a letter to your shrink even if you cannot send it and just getting your feelings out will help you feel better.

Also, try to do things that make you feel happy and relaxed - do the things you enjoy - be good to yourself during this difficult time.

Good luck!

Ask away, any good shrink will be happy that you asked. It means that you recognize that you may need someone to talk to while she's gone. I'm sure she'll be able to help you with that.

sure...if shes a good shrink she will be glad to help you.

of coarse!! it won't make her made, it will make her feel wanted/needed!