Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesHonda · 1 decade ago

Two questions on a 2000 Honda Civic?

Just purchased a Honda Civic coupe. Great car. Need to get an owner's manual, though. Any ideas where?

Also, the stereo/cd says "code error" when I turn it on. How do I resolve this?

Thanx.

Favorite Answer

You can get an owner's manual at any Honda store. The manuals do not cost much. To fix your stereo/cd player ask the Honda employs; they should know how to. Good luck!

I also have a 2000 Civic. Not one problem in 6 1/2 years!

Register at Honda Owner link. It's Free.

You can order a manual online or view information about the car online.

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?brand=hond...

You should be able to purchase a book from the dealer. The code error message is caused when the car looses battery power. If the battery was taken out and changed etc. You have to have a code to put in to restart the sterio. That number is supposed to be in the car pocket. If not a dealer may be able to help you.

Source(s): I have a 2002 HOnda CRV and I had that problem when I replaced the battery.

Owners manuel can be purchased through Auto zone or Kragens or you could go to the Honda dealer.

Code error means you need to tear out your sterio to find a number on the back of your sterio- afterwards you need to contact the honda dealer ship with your VIN number and they will punch in that number to get your sterio code... TRUST ME, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 2000 HONDA CIVIC

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&...

Error code might mean that radio lost power sometime and needs to be reset. This stops stero theft.

Or it might just need the clock set. Look in manual.

Go to a dealer. They can do a history on the car for you. Also they'll know whats wrong. Go to honda.com to find locations.

you can actually buy a the same service manual thru www.helminc.com . is the same place where all new car dealers buy from . it really works .

the dealer is the best bet for your manual. also the dealer for the

"code error" problem.

ebay would Prob have a cheap manual.