the compressor on my 2000 cavalier needs to be repalced. what happens if i dont reaplce it ?

Favorite Answer

Nothing. You just won't have air conditioning. Not replacing it will not harm the car in any way.

compressor,ac compressor is the only compressor on the vehicle.if compressor bearing goes bad,it will smoke the drive belt which can lead to belt breaking off.alt power steering and water pump will not turn.if compressor pully bearing is ok,you just will not have cold air.the rest will be ok.

They are all right! I the air compressor goes out it wont hurt the engine or anything else, it will just cause you to have no cold air.

You will notice an increase in the interior temperature of the car. Also you may notice a slight decrease in the effectiveness of the windshield defroster in the winter. It will still function, just without the de-humidifying effect of A/C, it will take longer to defrost.

I assume your talking about the air compressor, if you don't replace it you won't have air conditioning thats all.

Todays cars use a "serpantine" that runs EVERYTHING.

If your A/C compressor bearing freezes, or falls off, EVERYTHING will stop working.