Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

My wife is so obsessed with my past and the feelings that i might have felt, that its hurting our relationship

What can i do to solve this?

Favorite Answer

XXXXXXXXXXX your wife is insecure and you may have told her more than you should have. She wasn't emotionally mature enough to except it as being your past and now feels jealousy or resentment for many reasons. What you can do is stop being so opened, SHE CAN NOT HANDLE THAT. Be more attentive to her, spend quality time with her and let her know no matter what happened in your past or who was a part of it, she's now your present. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I know exactly what she is going through. I've gone through the same thing. **** all those people that say she is insecure. You've done something to make her feel like she wasn't your first priority. Obviously your past didn't work out. You should put all your energy and love into the current relationship your in.

Tell her if she does not shape up then she needs to ship out. You don't need that kind of crap, she is just using it as something to hold over your head. It gives her a sense of power in the relationship. This is not what a true loving relationship should be like, you need to let her know that.

Are you doing anything now that makes your wife not trust you? The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. If you're not doing anything then just keep reinforcing to her every day....make her feel special...write poetry, roses, heart to heart conversation.

You must tell her if you dont leave the past in the past your relationship will not work. She has to get over that. Everyone has a past that they dont like, Its just part of life. We have to get over these things or our lifes will be hell. I hope you get this worked out.

• vhat40

Sounds like she is extremely insecure. Tell her you love her. And tell her what you have typed above. Let her know that her insecurity is making things really difficult ask her what can you do to assure her. Let her know that you are with HER and not with them. Try to spend some time with her. Hopefully this will help and I hope she will see how sensitive to her needs you are.

I agree with SeanP. She is spending too much energy on what she cannot change. She needs to feel that she is not replaceable

Source(s): I was that person 25 years ago. It ate me up and now I realize what a wonderful time in our lives together that I wasted on something I could not change.

Hold her, love her. Stare into her eyes and say "That is the past. This is our future. I wouldn't give that up, knowing that it got me to you... and YOU are the LOVE of my live. You are here and they are not."

• Norm

Try counseling. She is insecure in your relationship and it might help.

GIVE HER ALL OF THE LOVE U CAN EVER GIVE HER... SHE MAY FEEL U STILL HAVE FEELINGS 4 UR EX... MAKE HER FEEL AS IF SHE IS UR 1ST AND ONLY 4 EVER... DONT EVER MAKE HER FEEL AS IF U EVER EVEN HAD A PAST!!!!~~

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!