What do you do if you feel like dying?

• Petey
    Favorite Answer

Art and writing... I find some way to distract myself, express what it is that has me feeling that way.

When I was about thirteen, I had this dream that there was a beautiful springtime meadow, all flowers and gentle light. I knew that if I went, I would be dead here. I wanted to, but I had a momentary thought of my "crush" at the time, that I would never see again. It was like Orpheus bringing his wife out of Hades - that moment of looking back took it all away. The dream disappeared, and that was terribly upsetting. I couldn't even get the picture of it in my mind. The following years were very difficult, messed up situations with my parents, friends, and I was suicidal sometimes. I felt like I missed my chance that one time - nothing I tried worked. Things got better, but it is not something that has gone away completely. Sometimes I am comforted by the thought that it's always there...

Do not do anything drastic!

TALK! Talk to people, to your friends, to a shrink... I am no expert, but you can talk to me, if you need to. Think & feel all you have to, but don't DO anything. Death will come for you when your time here is up

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." - Horace Mann

Source(s): Experience.

I haven't felt that way often, but there have been the odd isolated incidents, where I have thought about giving up.

Thankfully, I have a handful of very special people in my life, who never hesitated to help me up and brush the dirt off my knees.

If you're feeling that way, talk it out with somebody, anybody. Anyone that you feel comfortable with. Getting issues and thoughts off your chest, is one of the most effective ways to make that heavy load sitting on your shoulders, a little lighter.

There will always be times where you feel like rolling over and just dying, but make a deal with yourself, to do your best to keep your head above water.

Try some self-help books if you're able to. I've read many, which have helped me to think more positively.

Good luck.

Join a gym, take up a hobby, go to a Dr and get some meds-could be a chemical imbalance.

I can tell you I had someone close to me, in my family, do what your thinking and not a day in 10 yrs has it not effected me in some way, so also think of those close to you and if you want to hurt them as well. You will, want to or not. and it could be those same people that get you out of your funk if you just talk to them.

Don't think that way, talk to family, or friends, look on the positive side of life.

i feel that way every single day but i cnat kill myself cause God does not wnat this. So i continue with my dismal, boring, poor, life and I hope that God takes me peacefully soon!

Ignore it..Live on..and love Life ;)

i cry and go for a walk