what are your christian views about drinking alcoholic drinks but without the alcohol.?

what are your christian views about drinking alcoholic drinks but without the alcohol. i guess they call it drinking it virgin, or virgin drinks. does that make it ok?

Favorite Answer

Drinking is fine, its when you drink to get drunk, thats when it is bad.

• Vinny

Drinking alcohol doesn't make you a non-Christian. There are certain Christian sects that have prohibitions on alcohol, and the Moslems also have a prohibition on alcohol consumption.

If you happen to belong to one of those sects that forbids alcohol, you may be tempted to try the so-called "virgin" drinks. They don't have any booze, but they are connected to a lifestyle that is frowned upon by those particular sects. Having a virgin drink at some debauched party where liberals and intellectuals are swilling booze will get you into just as much trouble as drinking the real thing. The real issue is the "lifestyle" choice thing.

In my view it's okay to drink alcohol and be a Christian. " Virgin " drinks are good, but only if they're tasty. If it doesn't taste good then there's something wrong with you spiritually. The same goes for alcoholic drinks. If you don't like it, don't drink it. The important thing is not to become a slave to the drink. As Jesus said, you cannot serve two masters.

The reason Christians don't drink alcohol is because it muddies the mind which can keep us from putting God's will first. If there's no alcohol, you are still thinking clearly and there is no problem. UNLESS, you are an alcoholic and drinking nonalcoholic drinks puts you in danger of drinking alcoholic drinks by association.

Drinking Kool-Aid is not un-Christian as far as I know.

Drinking alcohol isn't un-Christian, either. Drunkenness might be a sin is some cases...but if Jesus took the trouble to turn water into wine for His first public miracle...I can't believe that He meant to sentence half of the population of Cana into eternal damnation.

I'll agree that the world could probably do without alcohol...but we could probably do without virgin drinks as well...what's the matter with water if the whole point is "hydration?"

As the old saying goes..."Where you find four Catholics, you'll usually find a fifth." (I'm Catholic.)

I don't believe I've ever seen a prohibition in the Bible against drinking. However, if you're trying to avoid alcohol for any reason, why not enjoy the fruit drinks that happen to call themselves Virgin Margaritas (or whatever)...

Well I think drinking alcoholic beverages is OK in Gods eyes its even talked about in the old testament it does say that we are not to drink in excess

alcoholic drinks are just that without the alcohol they are a drink. no harm in that.

There is no such thing as alcoholic drinks but without the alcohol. It is either alcoholic or non-alcoholic

i don't think its bad to drink, just to get drunk and behave badly, and i am a christian, so i think non alcohol drinks are definitely ok, cause ya get the taste ya want without any negative effects!!