does anyone have information on Roger Waters?

im doing an assignment at school on the life of Pink Floyds Roger Waters but the websites are not really helpfull. . .does anyone know about the mental illness that he suffered in the 70's and 80's? also, how long was he locked up for?

Favorite Answer

I LOVE that previous answer!

Roger prides himself in being mysterious... kinda one of those personalities that WANTS you to seek after his mind... gotta admit, his music is such genius that I find myself diving right in and wishing I wasn't so impressionable!

So - yes, if you are seking the life story of Syd (the one with mental illness) there is a GREAT DVD available thru Netflix (cant remember the name right now, but search for Syd and you'll see it). Spans the life story pretty well - even what he's up to now

But if you oddly enough, wanted to look into the life of Roger Waters - you may only have the Floyd albums and The Wall DVD to glean information - his commentary track on the movie has some insightful tid-bits

I believe you are thinking of Syd Barret when you speak of "being locked up with mental illness". Roger is only egotistical and stubborn, not that there's anything wrong with that.