What dog breed is best?

I'm thinking of getting a dog but I'm not so sure what breed I should get. I get pretty bad allergies. Is there any breed of dog that isn't hairless that I could get and wont feel so sick?

Favorite Answer

dachshund , shih tzu,basset hound,

I would get an american pitbull. they have short smooth hair and barely shed at all. dont beleive the hype about the bad new you so often see. hey love and respect their owners and "feel" just like any other dog. Please go to www.atts.org if you dont beleive me, they have statistics of every dog breed and pitbulls scored higher then 85% of all the breeds out there. They are the most understanding breed, for they get fought, abused, left in the cold all winter and they still come back to their abusive owner with their tail wagging looking for the love that they so deserve. Please pass on the word if you dont get a pitbull, they are deserving pets that should not be overlooked by society. They will be the most loyal dog you would ever have, beleive me, I own one.

Source(s): www.atts.org

There really are no totally hypoallergenic dogs. Even hairless dogs have some hair and cause allergies. Some people claim that poodles and bichon frises are less apt to cause allergies.

My Yorkie has hair that is more like a humans than fur. He does not shed & his very sweet and energetic. Although small, he is still a terrier and thinks he can demand his way:)) Check Yorkie web-pages for info on allergies. Make sure you have a backup plan so your new friend doesn't have to go to the animal shelter if you can't keep him!!!

Well I would try to find out if it's all dogs that you are allergic to first. (talk to your Doctor) Unfortunately it is likely that there is no dog that you will not be allergic to....but if there is a chance, Great Danes are the best ever. They are big dogs and frighten away anyone you want them to but are big cuddlers with you and your family - including kids. They love to make you happy - what could be better than that?

• Chreap

It's kinda hard to answer this because no one knows which breed may cause you to become sick.

Personally, I like terriers. They're very friendly and intelligent, providing that they're trained properly...and they're not hairless.

My mother-in-law's long haired golden sheds much less than her two short hair labs. All dogs shed and you will have allergies, but Golden's shed less than labs. Golden's are very sweet, easy to train and people friendly dogs. It just depends on how allergic you are and what type of dog you want.

Poodles and Cocker Spaniels are supose to be good pets for people with pet allergies. Neither shed.

maltese,toy poodle,standard poodle,cocka poo,malti poo,italion greyhound,affen pincher, bichon frise.Personly i recomend a malti poo,cross between toy poodle and maltese they have human like hair that does not shed.Try taking a do test,its really great,go on yahoo.com and search"dog breeds",the first information branch you see clik,and go down when your are onthe site and select "breed recomender"make sure to clik "hyperalergenic" which means is good with alergy sufferers!g2g bibi

• jane d

Poodle

There are some shorthaired terriers that are sweet ,loyal,and easily trained.