It time for a change and I am not sure how to go about doing it......?

I have curly hair I no longer apply a relaxer to. of course the new growth prevents a smooth look. I often sweat @ night and the hair is looking rough--I like the length (mid shoulder blades) I am young 41 and changing careers. All hair is same length. Hair color dark brown any suggestions?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Change the color or add highlights. If you like the texture of your hair great. If not, consider straightening again, or ask for a rod or straw set, or even soft twist. Good Luck.

• 1 decade ago

I made changes just like you 3 years ago, when I was 47 years old. I started with the obvious first my teeth, I had them all covered in porcelain, I went to the Philippines to do this as it saved me $15,000.00 if I had it done here in USA. Now my teeth are white and straight. then I had an Obagi peel and did maintenance up to now, the result are incredible, it took years off. Then I took care of my hair, I went to a hair saloon and we discuss few things my hair was then Bob Cut up to the shoulder, they suggest I keep it but gave it a little layer and suggested that long hair is good for the style I am trying to achieve. Then they suggested highlights, the result are incredible!!!! I was very pleased. Now my hair is just above the waitline, I use curling iron to make it wavy or make it straight. Then after that, I headed for make up counters, I found MAC Cosmetics to be great. They did a makeover for me which cost $40 but if you buy $50 worth of products, then the makeover is waived. Then I bought few outfits for the new me at my favorite clothing store Ann Taylor, I spent very little for the 2 outfits I bought for casual to dinner wear. You see trying to change is not just hair you have to open your eyes on other things that needs a lift. Goodluck to the beautiful you.

• 1 decade ago

Do you like dark brown? If not dye it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.