I am recovering from a bad case of cellulitis caused by a staph aureus strain. Anybody had a similar exprience

I want to make sure it doesn't reoccur. any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

Staph and strep are the two commonist causes of cellulitis. To prevent staph from coming back:

1. Make sure your treatment is complete- don't stop antibiotics early.

2. Consider where you got it from- do you have a hand dermatitis or other portal of broken skin that will allow bacteria to enter again? If so, fix that problem.

3. Do you have poor immunity against staph? If you have had staph infections commonly, you may a problem with killing of staph germs- ask you doctor about chronic granulomatous disease.

4. Are you around a lot of staph? If you work in a hospital, care for chronicallly ill persons that may be a source of recurrent infection.

4. Knock out staph carriage in yourself and those you are close to- a common place to carry staph is in your nose or in folliculitis of the scalp or neck- get mupirocin ointment to use on those areas is you are suspected of staph carriage. Mupirocin in the nose one a month is a good idea to prevent carriage.

Usually it does depend on the record but it can also depend on how badly a team plays out on the field. Last season, the Nats owned the worst record in baseball but I thought that the M's were the worst team last year because of how bad offensive production and the bad breaks. They looked about as embarrassing as the Mets have looked this season. I think you're teacher is totally wrong because the Nats have seemed to have catch more bad breaks than the Mets. The Mets have caught bad breaks because they've had a crap load of injuries. If they were a healthy team this season, I don't think they would've looked as bad as they have this season.

hmm, i've seen a few cases while doing a rotation in my clinicals...you need to make sure that you are finishing your course of antibiotics first...try to keep the wound clean and aired as much as possible so that it doesn't get pus filled or irritated....neosporin or bacitracin ointments are a help as well...if you have diabetes make sure you examine your skin time to time, keeping it dry so you don't allow for a breeding ground for staph to grow...you can read more on this topic at :www.emedicinehealth.com/cellulitis/page11_em.htm#Prevention

Source(s): www.emedicinehealth.com/cellulitis/page11_em.htm#Prevention

Hello, I also had cellulitis, was terrible to see the cellulite on my legs and buttocks, but thanks to the innovative treatment of Naked Beauty / Method Symulast guide my cellulite disappeared, I managed to get wonderful results ... Now I want to share it with you, here Here is the link:

http://truthaboutcellulite-guide.blogspot.com/