another loan question?

I have hopefully a quick question about loans. I am a college student whose parents do not help with rent, food, car, tuition, none of that and I am one semester away from graduating. All I need is like $6000. I work part time and starting in the end of August I will hopefully still be working part time and student teaching. In December I will be done with school and looking for a teaching job. I guess my question is, what are my chances of getting a loan through a bank or where should I go to get a loan and what do I need? I really don't know, so any help would be wonderful. Thank you for your time,

Favorite Answer

You did not state what the money would be for. No one can tell you where to get a loan from...because they don't know what kind of loan it would be.

However...perhaps a (another) student loan under the premise of continuing your education....it is always one of the lowest interest rates you can borrow at.

Source(s): Trust me.

Given the circumstances with being in school, still receiving parental support, and only working part time ... you may have difficulty getting a loan from a bank (unless you have a car title, savings account, or co-signer). You could probably get one from consumer finance company ... but beware of high interest rates and origination charges.

Your best option might be a student loan. If I were you, I would check with your school;s financial aid office and see if they have any good student loan options. Rates and repayment terms will be much more favorable.

Another (probably really bad) option is applying for a credit card. Many card issuers will accept applications from students who are in their final year of a degree program. This is a slippery, slope, though ... and should only be considered as a last resort.

Lots of info here.