happydawg asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 decade ago

I am bored, and would like to go to a bar tonite to have a beer. Is it ok for a female to go sit in a bar?

I probably will not know anyone and I don't want people to think I am in their to get picked up. I am just bored.

Favorite Answer

Go for it girl, you can do whatever and go wherever you want to!

Yes it is okay to go to a bar by yourself. If you are afraid of getting picked up, go to a restaurant that has a bar in it, and sit there. You will find less people there to get layed, and more people just having a beer at the end of the day. The bartenders are usually a bit more friendly too.

Source(s): I was a bartender for a few years.
  • Linnie

I would not recommend going to a bar you know what will happen...

plus lots of sickos are out there waiting for a girl to come into a bar....alone.

No instead you need to find a good movie on tv and get some popcorn and enjoy the time alone.

Do you have a pet? maybe you could use a nice pet to keep you company? maybe a gerbal or something easy to take care of?

cats work well for that too...

THERE'S NO HARM IN FEMALES GOING TO THE BAR. BUT THERE R OTHER WAYS OF ENJOYING ALSO. WELL U CAN CHAT ON ANY MESSANGER OR GET INTO A BATH TUB SWITCH OFF THE LIGHTS AND LIGHT A CANDLE AND HAVE SOME BEER AND PUT ON A LIGHT MUSIC AND ADD ROOM FRESHNER SO THAT U FEEL REFRESHED. IN FACT AFTER A BATH U FEEL REFRESHED.

WELL IF U STILL FEEL BORED GO OUT FOR A DRIVE.

BEER OR ALCOHOL IN ANY FORM IS NOT THE ANSWER.

FOR MORE WAYS TO AVOID BEING BORED U CAN CALL ME OR MAIL ME PERSONALLY.

Personally, I think it would be a great idea unless you are planning on drinking more than one and going alone (depending on where you live)...You could meet people and have intellectual conversations, however, that usually occurs early in the evening as apposed to when most have had too much to drink...I suggest you leave when the intellectual stimulation gets low...

it's perfectly ok for a woman to go to a bar alone but be warned....sleasy guys seem to think that the only reason you're there is to pick up guys. sit near other women if you can so it looks like you're with them and make friends with the bar staff

Source(s): bartender and female who used to go to bars alone when no one could come out to play.

No, do not go please, if you want to be good to yourself, because you are playing a game with yourself. You know exactly what happens, and you're placing yourself in a position of compromise. Very dangerous!! Be bored, its better than rape or worse. No place for a beautiful woman alone without protection.

Unless you have a rather large dog who is obedient/protective, snarley

Source(s): life experience, education
  • sam

Yes it is OK but if you are driving, please have a designated driver if you become intoxicated. If you are approached by someone tell them the same thing you told us that you are there because you are bored and not interested in being picked up by anyone. Good luck. I hope you have a good time.

I don't think I'd go drinking alone, but if it was a bar and grill type place, I go eat alone all the time, I don't see any big deal.

why don't you try a lounge instead of the bar scene... it does not give the impression that you want to be picked up... just that you are out having a drink...

• mand

Of course its OK, lots of people go to bars by themselves.

Source(s): Years of bartending, seeing people come in by themselves